• Traveling with Oxygen

Posted by Randolph Reynolds on July 10, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Greetings back: Concerning using Apria I tried to talk with them but it was hopeless. They require that I change contracts from my current oxygen supplier. No one of the three people I talked to had a clue as to what I needed. Thanks for your suggestion.

Randy

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brittany Foster

July 10, 2019 at 5:16 pm

I’m sorry that you had this problem, Randy. Have you tried contacting the oxygen supply company that you are currently using and asking them about what they would suggest for travel? Even asking your doctors could be helpful so they can chat with the oxygen company. Do you have a case manager from your insurance that you can contact to possibly help you with all of this? I know it can get very overwhelming when having to self advocate especially if you have so many other things going on. Having a case manager or just letting your doctors know so they can possibly help with this would be a good next step! Keep us updated.

• jen-cueva

July 13, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Oh, Randy, I am so sorry that you are not having much luck. Don’t give up!

Brittany offers some great tips. I went years without having a Case Manager and now I have two, one is a nurse and one is for the business, as this type of issue. Definitely having someone advocate for you often helps.

I would also try and see if you can rent oxygen for your trip like places such as this. I know a few PHriends used this company in the past. Here