Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies What Has Been Your Worse Central Line Experience?

• What Has Been Your Worse Central Line Experience?

Posted by Colleen on February 11, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Many PH patients have or a some point had a central line. It requires a lot of care and daily precautions to keep it free from infection or getting pulled.

My son had a central line for 5 years to run continuous Flolan and eventually Milrinone to treat heart failure was added. Two of the worse experiences he had with it was when scarring caused his central line to work it’s way of of his chest. This happened at school and he had gone a dangerous amount of time without his Flolan before noticing. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital and it was a very scary situation.

The other nerve wracking experience was when our puppy got herself tangled up in his tubing and starting pulling my son down the stairs. I jumped to the rescue and managed to keep him from falling or having his line pulled. To this day my heart pounds every time I think about it.

Have you had a scary experience with your central line? How was the issue resolved?

Colleen replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.