• Colleen

March 8, 2021 at 2:08 pm

You shared great tips in this column @jenc!

I remember how much the cold use to hurt Cullen’s lungs. No matter how cold, his grade school wanted the kids outside for lunch. We had to get a note from the doctor so Cullen could stay inside. Not only did the cold hurt but it would make his breathing even more labored.

Your Little House comparison made me think of the column I wrote a few years ago about how the Walton’s inspired me. As a little girl I had a huge crush on John Boy. At 8 I started keeping a journal like he did and as you know, I still keep one. It’s played a huge part in caring for Cullen. It’s my way to relax, work through struggle and remember things.

• jen-cueva

March 9, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Hi @colleensteele, I now remember you telling us that story now. I loved how you shared when you started journaling. We both started as young girls.

Was that one of your early columns? Both of those TV shows were really good at showing what is important in life. So many life lessons that today’s generation is missing out on. I do not know of many new TV shows that offer so much, do you?

Yes, the cold burns my longs and also can cause an increase in my difficulty breathing.