Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What Is On Your Medical Calendar for February?

• What Is On Your Medical Calendar for February?

Posted by Colleen on February 2, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Who sneezed and flipped the calendar so fast? I can’t believe it is February already! What is on your medical agenda this month? Any procedures, new treatments, medical appointments, etc. that you would like to tell us about? We are here to support you.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

February 3, 2021 at 11:01 am

LOL, @colleensteele, I love that intro. But so true, it came so fast!

I am grateful that this month my medical calendar is not as busy as last month. I will have a follow-up this week or next with my PH doctor to discuss the tests and next steps. Other than that, just labs and a few other appointments, but scattered across the month.

What about you? What is on your medical calendar this month?

• Colleen

February 3, 2021 at 3:05 pm

@jenc if I feel anxious to hear an update on your follow-up then I can only imagine how you are feeling about it. I’m praying for progress.

I have an appointment with my rheumatologist next week. I cringed when I discovers I have avoided him since 2018. Cullen will have a brain MRI sometime soon. He has been experiencing abnormal headaches after decreasing two transplant meds. We are confident it is just his body adjusting to better levels and new doses but they want to make sure he isn’t developing Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES) again.

Then like you said, normal monthly labs for Cullen.

• jen-cueva

February 4, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Thank you so much, @colleensteele. Yes, I am a bit anxious but know that my PH team and I will figure out the best plan. That is why we are waiting for those results. I plan on calling them this afternoon.

I am happy to hear that you finally made that rheumatologist. I hope that you will keep us posted on Cullen’s brain MRI. I will be keeping y’all in my thoughts and prayers.