• What is your most productive time of day?

Posted by Brittany Foster on November 14, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Just curious if there are others who find that there is a time of day when you are most productive or feel you’re at your best physically and mentally?

For me this is about 2 hours after I wake up. I am usually a morning person and like to get up around 6 every morning. I think that my brain is also programmed to wake up this early especially after years of being a teacher and student teaching through college. I felt like I always got the most done a couple hours after waking up. This is when I felt the most refreshed, have the most energy, and the time of day when I am productive. I usually write my weekly columns early in the morning after getting a lot of ideas at night after I do a lot of thinking. The morning is when I actually give myself permission to fully think about the thoughts that may have been running through my mind the night before.

Is there a particular time of day where you feel your best or when you are your most productive and can concentrate better? What is this time of day for you?

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Cris Dingman

November 14, 2019 at 8:51 pm

My most productive time of day is between 11 am and 4 pm. I’m not too good in the morning. My RA makes everything hurt, so I take my morning meds and have a couple cups of “tin man juice” (coffee). My joints feel like the tin man in wizard of oz sound! Once everything kicks in, I do best during those hours. There are those bad days that have no productive hours, so I take what I get…

• Brittany Foster

November 15, 2019 at 9:42 am

Cris,
      I totally hear what you’re saying with the “I take what I can get” There are certainly days that are a lot better than others for me too and some days when I just don’t feel productive at all or it takes me a lot longer to start feeling more like myself. Usually those are the days when I have a lot of pain or discomfort and it takes a lot of energy (that I really don’t have to waste) just to get up and moving ! I’m sure you feel the same way with your hard days with RA

• jen-cueva

November 17, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Hey Brittany, my best time of the day, most days are between like 9 Am-1 or 2 PM. I have started getting up around 8, most days. Some days are an earlier, some later, but I drink my coffee, read my devotional and then start my day.

The afternoon, some days, even sooner, I cannot focus and it is not the best time for me to try and do anything that requires much thought. I feel like since I have started writing and staying a little busier, some days, I can last longer, others, I crash sooner.

It never fails that when my hubby gets home from work, I start feeling tired. I have often taken naps on the weekend around 4-6 PM, before, I would never take a nap that late.

• Brittany Foster

November 18, 2019 at 11:47 am

Jen,
    I totally get it. Those are usually my most productive times as well. I start to feel too tired and it starts to kick in around 3 PM. I just can’t do much more mentally after that. It takes a lot to take care of ourselves every day. It really does and that is what usually makes me so tired.