Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What’s on your medical calendar this November?

• What’s on your medical calendar this November?

Posted by jen-cueva on November 7, 2023 at 11:26 pm

Hey y’all,

It’s hard to believe November is already here. This year seems to have flown by way too fast. How’s everyone doing?

As you may know, November is sometimes called “No Stress November”. But for some of us, that’s easier said than done. If you have a lot going on this month, whether it’s tests, appointments, treatments, or procedures, @Colleen  and I want to check in and see how we can support you.

Please feel free to share any upcoming appointments or important dates with us so we can send positive thoughts and prayers. We’re here for you.

What’s on your medical calendar this November?

jen-cueva replied 4 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • ky

November 8, 2023 at 6:43 am

How is it really November already? Well Bryan hasn’t been feeling well and at first we thought it was just coming back from Texas to high altitude Utah but after a few weeks I encouraged him to contact his Dr and they ran a full blood panel and his Liver results were off the chart high so they took him off Ambersentin (a medication for he takes from his stroke so not for PAH exactly). They did an ultrasound and found a fatty liver but we don’t know what is next. I have been looking up good diet changes and ordered a liver cleanse but he is starting to look a little yellow .. not sure what will happen from here but we can’t discontinue Uptravi. So far it has Not been a no stress November. Hopefully discontinuing the Ambersentin will be enough to turn things back around.

• Colleen Steele

November 8, 2023 at 2:25 pm

@ky I am upset to hear about Bryan’s liver trouble. It sounds very concerning! I hope it is reversable? You, of course, go into full caregiver mode, researching how you might be able to help his condition. My heart goes out to the both of you and prayers for answers and recovery!

• jen-cueva

November 8, 2023 at 3:16 pm

Oh no, @ky, and you didn’t text me this? I am so sorry to hear about Bryan’s liver concerns. I hope stopping the ambrisentan will do enough to reverse this for him. When will you hear back for the next steps?

I am concerned about the jaundice color you mention. Is he acting confused at all? I know this can lead to higher ammonia levels, which build up in the liver. If this happens, I know lactulose helps to rid the body of ammonia, some in patients with liver issues.

Please reach out anytime and know I’m sending y’all extra light, love, and positive thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, too, my gorgeous PHriend. 🤗

• jen-cueva

December 1, 2023 at 12:56 pm

Hey @ky , how are y’all doing this Friday? How’s Bryan feeling? Has has liver enzymes improved?

I’m certain you both are preparing for a magical first Christmas for both of those precious grandbabies. How old are they now? I bet they are growing like little weeds. Will y’all be with them for the Christmnas season?

Thinking of y’all and sending extra love, hugs, positive vibes, and light, my beautiful friend. 🤗

• DeLois Tweedy

November 10, 2023 at 8:28 am

November turned out to be busy. My husband had his eye injection one day before leaving for vacation. Immediately upon returning from vaca, I have appt to check Bipap mask(s) (yep, still struggling with that). Then labs, pulmonologist appt, and appt with new doctor (cardiologist, who branches into PH and specializes in advanced heart failure). That’s a little unnerving, but I’m thankful there are doctors out there trained in what I need medically. So, I’m scheduled for a busier Nov that I had expected.

@ky, so sorry to hear of your husband’s new struggles. I’m sending up prayers for you both. Blessings 🙏

• jen-cueva

November 13, 2023 at 6:39 pm

Hi @DeLois Tweedy, it sounds like a hopping November for you and your hubby. I hope you have a little downtime planned, too. Do you have plans for Thanksgiving already?

Please keep us posted as you have your appointments and how the Bipap mask situation goes. It seems like this is an ongoing struggle. I’m sorry, my PHriend.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, you see the new doctors. Yes, it’s exhausting, but I am thankful they are available and trained to treat you better.

• jen-cueva

December 1, 2023 at 12:59 pm

Hi @DeLois Tweedy, are you happy to begin a new month? I hope you and your hubby have a slower month. Have you gotten any help with your BIPAP mask yet?

How are y’all managing? I bet you have many holiday plans to rest and recharge for, right? 🔋