• Posted by Colleen on August 1, 2019 at 1:42 pm

It’s common to focus on what is going wrong with your health, but for a moment, let’s discuss what is going right. Let’s lift each other up and share any good news we have received lately. Were you struggling with a symptom that has improved or feeling better since starting a new treatment? Did you successfully enjoy a vacation or activity that you didn’t think possible with PH? Take a moment and tell us about it.

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 1, 2019 at 5:05 pm

I received great news last week. I found out that I did not have any new issues when they did a left heart cath! That is a blessing for me and my family!

There is always something positive out of each new day. Waking up each morning for me is a huge positive!

@colleensteele, did y’all have any positive news on your son’s health this last few weeks? How is he doing day to day with the summer heat? Does the heat still affect him?

• Colleen

August 2, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Thank God! I’m so happy to hear the good news Jen! I know how stressful waiting on cath results are because you never know when it might show something unexpected. What a relief!

My son is doing well. You might remember that his PFT’s declined a bit after catching a cold and cough several months ago. His PFT’s are back up again and his last pulmonoligist visit went very well.

• jen-cueva

August 4, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Thank you and Thank God that your son did improve on his PFT’s. That’s awesome news!

I think we need to remind ourselves and focus on the positive things as we grow through so much. Great post! Counting our blessings.

• Brittany Foster

August 5, 2019 at 10:51 am

So glad that you both had some great news ! After being in he hospital, it’s always hard to come out of a hospital stay trying to find the “positive” in the situation. But I also found some positive this past week even though I had 2 surgeries. I thought it was amazing that I had great doctors that were advocating for my health and would not let me leave the hospital until they got me to a more stable place of nutrition. It was great to have the care that I had and know that these people are fighting so hard for me even on their days off! I was amazed. Also, the new tube that I have going into my intestines is allowing me to get in more nutrition and a better formula that is thicker and easier for my body to tolerate. I did not have good luck with just formula feedings and have been on a very low calorie intake. But with the new blended formula I’m on, it’s allowing me to get great protein from vegan and organic sources. The blend is called “Liquid Hope” and is pretty new. I wonder who has used it before? It is such a good alternative and really helps with many of the terrible symptoms I was having before. So THAT is my positive 🙂

• Colleen

August 5, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Brittany, I know last week was a rough one for you but at least it sounds like the end result was success. Hospital stays are a mixed bag, aren’t they? No, you don’t really want to be there but, in a way you also kind of do. It takes some stress off knowing that you are in good hands and that the goal is to make you as well as you can be.

I never hear of “Liquid Hope” but it sounds like inspiration for a new topic that you can start.

Welcome back. You were missed.

• Brittany Foster

August 5, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Colleen,
        I missed you all too! It’s so great to know that there is so much support from you all on here and it certainly helps to make recovery easier knowing there are people that are “rooting for me”. It really is a mix of so many emotions and it’s hard to process all of it when getting out of the hospital. I try to take things a day at a time and get really tired easily the first week or so after being out. It takes a hit physically too having all of that interrupted sleep happening in hospitals (I’m sure you are too familiar with that too)

• jen-cueva

August 5, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Wow, Brittany! I know you had a tough week. I’m so glad to hear of the great care and your doctors. It sounds like you have a compassionate team, that’s awesome!

” Liquid hope” sounds like it is your liquid hope and better nutrition. I’m sorry that you ended up having two surgeries, but overall sounds like you will benefit as this new nutrition regimen fuels your body and help to heal as well.

You were missed here and always thinking of you and sending you positive vibes and prayers. Exhausted, I’m sure as you catch up on sleep, your mental health will improve too. I can imagine your emotions are a ” hot mess”. Take time to rest as you recover. Let us know if you need anything.