Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Who Has Been Tested for COVID-19?

• Who Has Been Tested for COVID-19?

Posted by jen-cueva on May 28, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Last weekend I was sick with what was mostly bronchitis symptoms, but my body ached more, and joint pain was worse than usual. After a few days, I called my PCP. Because I get bronchitis often, he made a virtual appointment. He ordered a Z-pack and a steroid dose pack along with more nebulizer (breathing)treatments, 4 times per day. But, because of similar symptoms, he wanted me tested for COVID-19.

So, on Memorial Day, I was at a testing center and had the swab test done. Thankfully, it was pretty empty when I went in. I waited a few days, and yesterday they called to let me know that I was negative for COVID, but I was positive for Influenza A. This is the common flu.

I am still doing the same treatment that was ordered for my bronchitis, and I am starting to feel a tad of relief.

Have you been tested for COVID-19 because of similar symptoms? If so, did you test positive for anything else? Let’s talk about this.

Colleen replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Bill Jones

May 28, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I was tested a few weeks ago when I was at Mayo. Not because I was sick but all patients were tested within the first 24 hours of arriving. I was negative as well thank God. It isn’t all that bad of a test like many had said or I was just fortunate to get the well experienced nurse.

• Colleen

May 28, 2020 at 5:46 pm

@jenc I’m so sorry to hear that you have the flu. Is it causing havoc on your PH? I hope you are ok.

Both of my boys were tested. We were really worried months ago that my youngest had it but he tested negative. Cullen was tested on Sunday after throwing up at the ER. We all knew that he vomited because of blood pressure issues but the policy is, if someone throws up you test them.

Like @bill-jones neither boy thought it was a big deal. It’s uncomfortable but not horrible. As Cullen mentioned, he’s been through a lot worse than that.

• jen-cueva

May 29, 2020 at 11:09 am

Hey @bill-jones, I, too, did not think that the test was as bad as some mention. I believe this is because I have had flu tests and other swab tests while at the hospital. The nurse that I had was gentle, I think.

I am grateful that you, too, tested negative. Take care.

Have you heard anything else this week?

• jen-cueva

May 29, 2020 at 11:13 am

Thank you, @colleensteele, for your kind support. I am doing OK, taking my meds, and neb treatments. I feel like today I woke up feeling a tad of some relief. That is a positive in my book. Any little improvement, I will take.

I agree with Cullen; maybe that is why the test did not seem to be too much. I am certain that Cullen has been through much worse. Poor little guy, he is such a trooper. Every time I hear a story about him, I am inspired. Thanks for sharing with us, Colleen.

• Colleen

May 29, 2020 at 2:43 pm

@jenc glad to hear you feel a tiny bit better. I think the neb treatments help a lot. That’s been my experience for both myself and for Cullen. Make sure you relax this weekend. Praying you keep getting better.