Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Who’s your go-to person for a good vent session when stress gets the better of you?

• Who’s your go-to person for a good vent session when stress gets the better of you?

Posted by jen-cueva on April 10, 2024 at 2:13 pm

With warmer weather, let’s also lighten our stress! April is Stress Awareness Month, so let’s share our top stress-busting tips.

We’re all handling the challenges of managing PH and life’s ups and downs. Finding effective coping strategies and relying on a supportive community can make a big difference.

So, who do you turn to for a vent session when stress overwhelms you?

jen-cueva replied 2 weeks, 4 days ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Roger Bliss

April 10, 2024 at 9:01 pm

Naturally it’s ME.😇 I do have my bad days/moments where I need to vent just like anyone else.

Nurse was here Monday (4/1) for my Tyvaso. We all talked quite a bit as she had to hang around for a couple hours taking my vitals in case I had a bad reaction. She and ME concluded that ME and our friends/relatives are more concerned about my health than I am. Naturally, I am not real happy about having cancer and PH……I do worry some. Guess I don’t take it as seriously as everyone else does…..go figure???

• jen-cueva

April 12, 2024 at 11:31 am

I bet ME is your go-to person when you need to vent. I echo your comment about we all need to vent at times. It’s helpful when we do have others we can vent with.

It sounds like your nurse and ME hit it off, and I can certainly understand how they are more concerned. But I also think you are concerned, but I know you can’t change the facts and want to enjoy life.

Thanks for sharing, Roger. I hope you and ME enjoy a nice weekend.

• Carol Volckmann

April 11, 2024 at 7:38 pm

You’re right Jen, we all need an outlet at times to vent, let it all hang out. Fortunately Dick, the love of my life, has from day one been there for me – through the good 😊, the bad 😢and the ugly 🥶. He listens and let’s me vent. He doesn’t try and fix it he just holds me and tells me how much he loves me – in his words – “always have, always will forever “. I am also blessed with my sister. She also is there for my letting go and whenever I need to vent. And …. this forum, you, and Colleen have been there for everyone. THANK YOU 😊 🙏 ❤️❤️

• Colleen Steele

April 11, 2024 at 7:44 pm

@Carol Volckmann you have also been there for us many times and I’m sure for your husband as well. You and Dick have a beautiful relationship and I love hearing about how you support each other through good times and bad! Big hugs to you!

• jen-cueva

April 12, 2024 at 11:36 am

iAww, @Carol Volckmann , I LOVE the support and love you and Dick share for each other. It’s such a wonderful testimony.

I’m like you, fortunate with Manny, as he supports me in ways that I need it the most. My daughter has also become someone I can vent to, but mostly about simple things. IDK why, but because I am the mom, I feel I need to always be the strong one.

Carol, thanks for your kind words. But, You’re also a huge support here in the forums. You’ve supported me, and we’ve vented together at times, too. I find many of my PH concerns; I vent to y’all here or some of my long-term PHriends because y’all understand.🤗