• Posted by brenda-denzler on December 8, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Folks, a question for you:

For the last few years I’ve noticed that in the winter it feels as if my chest and breathing in general are mucked up. Not badly, seriously mucked up. But certainly more problematic than in the warmer months.

Wheezing. Chest tightness. Light, non-productive cough. Flash pressure headaches that come and go reasonably quickly.

Didn’t used to be like this, 5-10 years ago. You folks notice changes in your “chest and breathing” feelings in winter, also? Can you tell me about it?

Brenda

Colleen replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colleen

December 8, 2022 at 8:38 pm

@brendad53 any change of weather was difficult for Cullen…too hot or too cold he would have problems like you are describing, but honestly, winter did always seem to be the roughest on him.

Have you tried a humidifier in your home? Sometimes that can help.

• brenda-denzler

December 8, 2022 at 9:15 pm

I have not tried a humidifier, Colleen, but the idea is intriguing. Would a water fountain put moisture into the air? When I run the wood stove, I do have a copper kettle on it with water that gets hot and evaporates, but if I don’t run the stove, it obviously does little.

• Colleen

December 9, 2022 at 1:46 pm

@brendad53 they usually don’t cost too much and just about any drug store sells them, or Target, Walmart, etc.. It’s just a suggestion. It might help but probably not entirely.

• jen-cueva

December 9, 2022 at 1:43 pm

Hi @brendad53,

Yes, the winter and the cold air are harsh on my lungs. The symptoms you describe are common when I have been in colder climates during the Winter. Scarfs over my mouth when out in the cold air helped some.

Colleen’s suggestion of a humidifier may also help. Maybe others in colder climates have suggestions. @vanessavaile, do you and how are things going?