Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Have You Been Able To Be Treated For Non-Covid Viruses?

• Have You Been Able To Be Treated For Non-Covid Viruses?

Posted by Colleen on September 15, 2020 at 4:48 pm

My non-medical complex son started with Covid like symptoms on Friday (headache, body aches, sore throat and fever). He was tested for the flu and Covid, both came back negative. We called his primary doctor because even with Tylenol and Advil he still had a fever and felt awful. We were concerned he had strep or mono.

The doctor’s office informed us that even when patients test negative, if they have covid like symptoms they can’t be seen until after 10 days of symptoms. A doctor was supposed to call us back to let us know if they will see my son and no one ever called.

His fever broke and he is starting to feel better but I guess we will never know what he actually has, maybe strep, mono…who knows.

Has anyone else experienced this same situation and if so, what did you do?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

September 15, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Oh no, @colleensteele. I’m so sorry to hear about Aidan.

When my hubby had suspected COVID, they told him that although it was negative, he could still have it. His symptoms went on for days.

I’m happy that his fever broke and he’s starting to feel better. If it returns, I would keep bugging the doctors until they see him. It does seem like if it’s not COVID, they brush it off. I’m sorry that y’all are dealing with this. Please keep us posted.