Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Oxygen Users Are you dressing up your tank for Halloween? Share your creativity with us!

• Are you dressing up your tank for Halloween? Share your creativity with us!

Posted by brittany-foster on October 1, 2019 at 8:34 am

Of course the first topic of conversation for the month of October should be about Halloween! Halloween has always been one of my favorites to celebrate and have fun with. When I ended up needing my oxygen to walk the neighborhood with my nephew on Halloween, I found ways to get creative with my costume. Last year, I was dressed as Wonder Woman and my tank also was dressed up in the wonder woman colors and a cape that I had received from a heart walk that said “heart warrior” on it.

I got a lot of compliments on the tank and the younger kids that came by to Trick or Treat really loved it!

Are you getting creative with your oxygen and incorporating it into your costume this year? Have you dressed it up in the past? Let us know about your costume ideas and share your creative side!

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 1, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Brittany, I love that! It certainly is fun to have the first topic this month about Halloween. I am trying to think of what I want to dress as this year. I love the fact that you decorate your tanks. I am sure this was something new for the neighborhood kids.

Once I figure it out, I will let y’all know, Hehe
    I am not the most creative, so I better get my juices flowing.

I wanted to ask what is your fave Halloween candy? For those who stay home to pass out candy, what good treats will you hand out?

• Colleen

October 1, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Jen, I love Reese’s and 3 Muskateer’s, but I’ve never been known to turn down any kind of chocolate!

We get a LOT of trick-or-treaters every year so I really stock up. I get an assortment of everything: chocolate and sour candy and mix it all up in a big bowl and tell the kids to select 2. I also make up special bags for children 2 and under with baby friendly treats like animal crackers and chocolate safe for either them or for the parents to enjoy.

I really, really love Halloween!

• brittany-foster

October 1, 2019 at 5:01 pm

My family makes jello shots for the neighborhood parents. Our town is known to get pretty wild haha! Safe to say everyone loves our house on Halloween night. We have a huge fire in the front too and bring out drinks to the neighbors we are close with to take with them as they are walking around the neighborhood LOL I mean parents have the right to enjoy themselves too! If the kids are on a sugar high the parents need a little boost too!

• jen-cueva

October 2, 2019 at 2:58 pm

LOL @ Brittany, well I could start at Colleen’s and make my way to your neighborhood for Jell-O shots. Hehe
        Funny, when my daughter was younger,our old neighborhood did something like this. Mainly our street and we had drinks and food. We had chili for chili bar and different warm foods for the kids and adults, too. We had some great times.

I love the Halloween pancakes for breakfast, certainly a way to use some of that candy and sounds yummy, too. I was the mom who kept the candy on top of the fridge and allowed so many pieces per day, Hehe

Only I tended to visit that candy basket all day long, Hehe

• jen-cueva

October 2, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Yummy, Colleen, I love chocolate, too. I tend to like with caramels and nuts but I will eat most chocolate. I also like sour candy. It sounds like you really prepare for Halloween. Too bad, I cannot come do Trick-or-Treating at your house.

• brittany-foster

October 1, 2019 at 4:57 pm

OMG I could go on and ON about Halloween candy. I love it all! When I was a kid my mom used to make us a day after Halloween breakfast of pancakes with a bunch of different candy pieces inside and as toppings. We definitely went to school with a sugar high the next morning from both the candy at night and the candy with breakfast HAHA! It was such a fun tradition though. Anyways, my absolute favorite candy ever is Hershey’s cookies and cream bars. THEY ARE SO GOOD! But, I do love snickers, reese’s and almond joy are my top favorites. how about you?

• Colleen

October 1, 2019 at 4:49 pm

As much as we love Halloween it never occurred to us to decorate the oxygen tank. It was after transplant at a hospital Halloween party that we noticed other patients with decorated tanks. It’s such a great idea and I love that you do that!

• brittany-foster

October 1, 2019 at 4:59 pm

It really made my costume more fun and actually made me WANT to wear the oxygen around. I also decorated it for weddings that I went to last year and dressed it up to go along with the themes of the wedding. For example, my boyfriend’s brother had a wedding that was Beauty and the Beast theme and I wrapped the oxygen with gold and royal blue and superglued red roses on top of the wrap for it. It was a HIT !

• Colleen

October 8, 2020 at 6:20 pm

Hey everyone! This is a fun topic to re-visit. Will any of you be decorating your tanks for Halloween?

• jen-cueva

October 9, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Yes, I remember this one, funny too. I have yet to decorate my tank. But, mine is in my backpack, so I would have to decorate my backpack. Interesting because it is black. I may have to think about this. Thanks for sharing @colleensteele.

• jen-cueva

October 25, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Hey, y’all, it’s almost Halloween, so I wanted to share this post again. I have yet to decorate my tank, mainly because it is in a bag I carry or in a large purse. Is anyone here planning to dress up your oxygen tank for Halloween?