• Brittany Foster

March 18, 2020 at 12:36 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com I am glad that you are doing a little better than you were on Monday. Some progress is still progress. It is easy to get more frustrated with your body when you are in the hospital, so reminding yourself of small improvements will certainly help your mental health! Stay as well as you can please. We are all thinking of you too!

• Jimi Mcintosh

March 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Today is a great day , we are all still here. The aches, the pains the medical challenges, the successes, the failures are all things we have dealt with before and will do it again. I am down today, but,I continue to fight. Above all else it is a pleasure to have met all of you.
    Great people do great things. This journey has been long, full of challenges, this cov-19, will really test our resolve. I am confident that we will make it to a more normal time

• Brittany Foster

March 18, 2020 at 12:49 pm

@jimi I am so glad to hear your positive thinking ! Keep up that attitude and fighting spirit and you will be able to get through this and so will all of us. I know that it feels like a giant mountain to get over right now, but with help, we will be able to have that better view once it is all over.

• Carol Volckmann

March 18, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Thank you Brittney. Your words of encouragement mean a great deal and you are right any progress in the right direction is GOOD! How much our loved ones do and are there for us can never be taken granted and sharing our appreciation is so important – they are our life lines as I know your mom, boyfriend and puppy are for you and all those in the Forum – care so much!

• Colleen

March 18, 2020 at 2:01 pm

@jimi it has been a pleasure getting to know you as well. I always enjoy your cup is half full outlook on things.

• Colleen

March 18, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Thank you @cdvol3gmail-com . Cullen’s brother has a cough and isn’t feeling very well. No fever so far. He’s staying in his room and I keep sanitizing everything. I’m so worried.

• Brittany Foster

March 18, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Oh NO Colleen! I hope that your son is okay and that you can do what you can to protect against the spread of germs. Definitely have Cullen look out for himself at this time too. I know that I am more aware of my surrounding than usual too. Especially after being in the hospital this weekend. That really shook things up. Something that normally I wouldn’t have hesitated to get medical attention for, I now am questioning and even with being told I should probably go get checked, I’m just going to have to wait it out at this point. It’s not only the virus itself that is impacting us, it’s the obstacles to medical care too.

• Carol Volckmann

March 18, 2020 at 2:21 pm

I am so sorry to hear – it is good that he does not have a fever. You are in my thoughts every day and send lots of positive energy and love! Hold on!

• jen-cueva

March 18, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Hi Carol, are you still in the hospital? I am sorry to hear that. Did I see that you have pneumonia? I hope that you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. Air hugs from Texas.

• jen-cueva

March 18, 2020 at 3:17 pm

@colleensteele, I am sorry to hear about your son and this cough. I can only imagine your concern and anxiety. I am glad that y’all are staying in away from others. Your state certainly has been hit bad. I know that you are doing all that you can and then some to protect yourself and your family. Hugs and love from Texas.

• Carol Volckmann

March 18, 2020 at 4:46 pm

Thank you Jen. Yes I am still in the hospital, but getting better. You are always right there with your earm and happy “air hugs” love them and sending some back to you in Texas!

• Carol alexander

March 18, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Hi Brittany
    Thinking of you wishing you a speedy recovery stay strong I know you will
    My prays are with you

You are the best
    carol a

• Sarah Kuykendall

March 19, 2020 at 1:01 pm

My prayers are with you. You are such an inspiration to us all. We love you!

Sarah K

• Randolph Reynolds

March 19, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Brittany,
    Your courage and faith remind me that we all need what you have. God bless and keep you and bring you back to health.

Randy

• Brittany Foster

March 19, 2020 at 3:32 pm

@carol-alexander thank you so much for thinking of me! my prayers and well wishes are with you too. How are you feeling? Do you have any updates?

• Brittany Foster

March 19, 2020 at 3:42 pm

@sarahk thank YOU!! That support means the world to me and has helped me through so much difficulty. It is so great to be reminded of how loved and cared for I am in these moments of weakness.

• Brittany Foster

March 19, 2020 at 3:44 pm

@ripple76 your encouragement and love doesn’t go unnoticed ! Thank you for helping me push forward. I am actually starting to feel better today. Yesterday was a hard day with showering and trying to do more activity and my oxygen really started dropping a lot. It makes me nervous when I feel worse than my usual. But, I am trying to get some rest while also trying to keep my mind busy during this time too. How have you been doing?

• jen-cueva

March 19, 2020 at 4:23 pm

You’re so sweet, @cdvol3gmail-com. I am happy to hear that you are starting to feel better. I hate that you need to be at the hospital right now. I am thankful for your air hugs, too.

• jen-cueva

March 19, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Hi Randy, you are such a boost of positivity always! You are always lifting Brittany and others. I hope that you are feeling well. So true, we all need to learn from Brittany. But, we can also learn compassion from you.

Take care.

• ronald cole

March 20, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Dear Brittany, Here I am writing another letter to you. With all that’s going on here in Dallas, I can’t forget you and what your facing. In a way, I am pleased you’re being Monitored 24/7 but it does not ease the emotional pain of all you have been through. I know you have hundreds of friends and family all praying for you, just know that you have one true friend in Dallas, Texas that has you in my mind and my prayers daily. I wish you physical and emotional comfort and my prayers go out to you for your swift recovery so you can get back home to your Dog and friends.
    Ron Cole.

• Brittany Foster

March 23, 2020 at 10:35 am

@texas2018 thank you so much ! You are such a great friend and are always there at the right time with your words of encouragement and support. We definitely have to stand together during this time, especially with so much unknown and worry surrounding what is happening. Hope you are able to stay as strong as possible. As always, feel free to reach out to all of us any time on the forums. I always love hearing from you and reading your uplifting messages!

• Colleen

March 23, 2020 at 5:22 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com I just wanted to check-in and see how you are doing? Are you still in the hospital? How are you feeling?

• Carol Volckmann

March 23, 2020 at 5:39 pm

Hi Colleen, thank you so much for your concern. I tested negative for the corvid-19 and was discharged from the hospital with oral antibiotics and oxygen- we have an oxygen generator in the motorhome along with 12 canisters. The pneumonia is much better and I am hopeful that in another week I will be back to my activities!

Our hope is to travel back north to WA to the peninsular and find a home to rent as our base. I don’t know, maybe going back to Washington isn’t so smart. So we are just not sure.

Thank you again for checking in on me, it means so much!

I think about you and your family every day. I hope you are all okay and coping through such difficult and frightening times. Please stay safe and well.

Big hugs of thanks, Carol

• Colleen

March 24, 2020 at 4:28 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com it’s good to hear the you are improving and that you tested negative for Corvid-19. My healthy son had to be tested and his came out negative as well so I get how relieved you must be feeling. You might have heard that as of last night Governor Inslee announced that effective immediately, all Washingtonians must stay home unless they are pursuing an essential activity. So if you do return to WA, that’s the conditions for at least the next few weeks. I wish you well and stay safe wherever you make your home.

• Brittany Foster

March 24, 2020 at 11:31 am

@cdvol3gmail-com I am glad to hear that you are able to get out of the hospital and recover at home. At least they were able to find out what was going on and the reason for your symptoms. Same with me, when I left the hospital I was relieved that they were able to pinpoint why I felt as bad as I did and also relieved that it wasn’t covid19 because I am honestly fearful for that for myself and others in the community. I hope that you can stay away from as many people as possible and that you are confident knowing that those around you are taking precautions to keep you safe !

Page 2 of 3