• Brittany Needs Our Support

Posted by jen-cueva on March 14, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Hey, y’all,
    I just wanted to let everyone know that our Brittany is in the hospital. She had “bronchitis” that continued to get worse. I spoke with her briefly, but the poor girl needs our encouragement. Her voice was so pitiful; it pained me to hear her weak voice. She has been through so much, she is such a brave warrior and a huge inspiration, but this is not what she needed.

I know that she is an essential part of our forums. With this in mind, keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I am sure that when she is up to it, she will be on to update us all. So, let’s lift her with love, support, and positive vibes.

Thanks, and please take care of yourselves and your families.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 12 months ago 16 Members · 71 Replies
  • 71 Replies
  • vanessa-vaile

March 15, 2020 at 12:26 pm

@jenc, thank you for the update. I’ve been following off-site by email notice but thinking/worrying about @brittany-foster nudged into checking in.

Just posted a longer reply that is waiting for moderation. Just mentioning it because waiting for moderation can be like Waiting for Godot (e.g. indefinite)/

• vanessa-vaile

March 15, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Been following off-site via email notices, distracted (as we all are) by COVID-19 (local, national, global) and other news. The 900 lb gorilla on the sofa of our imaginations. Worrying about everyone here too, especially Colleen and her son at what pundits call the epicenter ~ life in the eye of a metaphorical hurricane, and — it goes without saying, Brittany because she’s such a determined fighter and standard bearer.

When I finally get around to logging in, nudged as by omens, this is the announcement at the top of the list. Even when I am not logged in, Brittany is in my thoughts. Thank you @jenc for keeping us posted…

PS Just saw this picker-upper, “Italians Find ‘a Moment of Joy in This Moment of Anxiety’.”

“Under lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, song breaks out from rooftops, balconies and windows.”

• brittany-foster

March 16, 2020 at 3:13 pm

@jenc and @vanessavaile Thank you both so much for thinking of me and sending so much love and support my way. I really needed that. It was really hard for me to be in the hospital especially with everything that has been going on with COVID19. To say I was scared when I was in the ER is an understatement. I was filled with questions of whether or not I should even be there, even though I definitely needed the care because my oxygen levels were 77 upon arriving. I have to say that I don’t even remember talking to Jen too much because that is how out of it I really was. My mind was definitely taking a hit and so was my body. I am glad to say that I tested negative for COVID19 but I did test positive for the “normal coronavirus” which is different than this new strain that is out there. But it has symptoms very similar to COVID19 and can easily turn into bronchitis and pneumoia for those with lung and heart conditions.

• jen-cueva

March 16, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Thanks for the update, @brittany-foster. I am grateful that you tested negative. Please take care of yourself. I know that you will keep busy as usual.

@vanessavaile, great to see your post. You are so kind and thoughtful. I am sure that you are taking all of the much-needed precautions for yourself, too. I did see that video of the Italians, that was so heartwarming to see amongst the news lately. Thanks for sharing.

• Colleen

March 16, 2020 at 4:43 pm

@brittany-foster I can just imagine how scared you were being at the ER and not knowing what you were being exposed to. It sounds like you really did the right thing in going though. You needed proper care and to address what exactly it is that you are dealing with. Glad to hear that it’s not COVID-19 but all of us here are aware of just how concerning the “normal coronavirus” is for people such as yourself. Take care of you!

@vanessavaile I really appreciate your concern! Honestly, it is getting very worrisome here in WA state. We are staying in-doors as much as possible and taking all the important precautions, much of which we were doing already. Loved the video of the Italians. There are some similar ones being shared from Ireland as they celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. How are you managing @vanessavaile? Are you doing ok?

• normarg

March 17, 2020 at 9:31 am

Petawawa Ontario sending “air hugs” They may be contagious but not “medically” so

• mae

March 17, 2020 at 9:32 am

@brittany-foster

I hate to hear you went through all that. I couldn’t imagine being placed in hospital right now with everything going on in the world. I hope you continue to get the care you need and stay strong. You are a very important part of this community and as you can tell we all care and keep us updated once get a chance.

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 12:56 pm

@vanessavaile and @jenc something else that was really nice and encouraging to see on the news and shared on social media was the video of (I believe it was Spain) all clapping for and erupting in loud applause all at one scheduled time for hospital staff that are working so hard on this outbreak. It really gave me the chills to see so many people do that and you must have been able to feel the noise from everyone if you were there witnessing that!

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 1:10 pm

@colleensteele Thank you so so much. I really appreciate all of the support. I am glad to hear that all of you are staying inside and trying to keep yourself as busy and entertained as possible. I know this time is very scary for all but it also can be used as a time to come together and communicate openly and honestly with the ones in your house. I know that from this experience I really see just how much my fiance cares for me and my health. He has been so nervous and has worked with the public every day but won’t even get close to me when he comes home from work. He knows how fragile my health is and he said he would never be able to deal with it if something were to happen. It breaks my heart that he has to worry about that, but at the same time I really see the power of the people that love and care about me too.

• v-r-peterson

March 17, 2020 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for letting us know @jenc. @brittany-foster, you’re in my thoughts and prayers.

• margie-novak

March 17, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Brittany so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. My thoughts are with you. You are one of the strongest person I know who is fighting this illness so you can get through this hurdle! Please keep fighting. We love your posts and hearing from you. I hope you are not in the hospital too long. Take care and sending so many prayers!!! margie

• carol-volckmann

March 17, 2020 at 4:29 pm

Hey Brittney, I am so sorry to hear you are back in hispital with bronchitis! Not fair, not fair at all! Are they still going to go ahead with the new port? You have been through so much. You are in my thoughts every day!

I was just admitted from the emergency room to isolation I guess I have phenomena and have been tested but no word yet. We are now in Cottonwood AZ. I have talked with my regular team and for right now I guess I am in a good place even though they do not know much about PAH and the meds that I am on. But, they are listening to me and what I need.

The worst is not being able to have Dick with me as Iam in total isolation.

Praying for you, please get better soon and so will I.

Warmest wishes with a hug!

• gayle-ward

March 17, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital. I am hoping you are back home soon. You are in my thoughts, gayle

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 6:03 pm

@normarg Thank you so much for air hugs !! That means a lot ! LOL I like your sense of humor too 🙂 I am doing a little better today but have been struggling with my allergies off and on too with the start of Spring getting closer and the weather changing so abruptly from too cold during the morning to a little more tolerable during the afternoon. That shift really bothers me!

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 6:06 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com I know how bad that feeling is of being in isolation and not having those around you that are usually there and helping you with medical talk or just helping to keep you company. It was one of the loneliest times that I ever spent in the hospital. It was very lonely and caused me to do a lot of thinking and sometimes my thoughts got the best of me. Do you find yourself more anxious when you are alone without many people to help distract you? Some people find the silence okay but I am usually not okay with it, especially in a situation where I rely a lot on distractions for my mind!

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 6:07 pm

@gward Thank you for the good thoughts ! Luckily I got home the other day on Sunday. They really have been trying to keep people out of the hospital unless there is reason to admit because of a lot of co-existing conditions or if they find it clinically necessary. It is a hard call though because they also don’t want us getting any worse. I was glad to be rushed out of there though.

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 6:09 pm

@owensgirl1 that means a lot for me to hear how appreciated in this community I am. It was a really hard couple of days being in isolation and being fearful of what was going on and fearing that it was COVID19. I was glad that it turned out not to be that though. It was just the normal human coronavirus which mimics symptoms of the novel COVID19 but not as severe of a disease thankfully. I am in isolation now at home but generally spend a lot of time anyways so it’s not too different from my usual. Still on medication to help with the symptoms but I feel like I am doing my best to keep managing things at home.

• brittany-foster

March 17, 2020 at 6:15 pm

@margie-novak thank you so much for all the love being sent my way! I am thankfully recovering at home right now even though I am in isolation along with so many others. it is just my boyfriend and I and my dog right now though, can’t even have visitors come in per doctor’s orders ! It might be a long month, but we can do this together and with the support that we have in this community.

• carol-volckmann

March 17, 2020 at 7:33 pm

I don’t mind the silence so much as having my husband helping me being more comfortable, fixing things like the bed,fixing the hospital gown, helping me in the bathroom, asking more questions than I can think of – that’s what we do for each other and it is so much more difficult not having that support.

I hope you are feeling better Brittney – please take care of yourself

• Colleen

March 17, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Oh no @cdvol3gmail-com I am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital! I’m glad to hear the staff is listening to you and hopefully that have been in contact with your home doctors as well. I will be thinking of you. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

• jimi-mcintosh

March 17, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Brittany, praying for your healing little sister. How you are keeping the gloves on and still swinging. I too had to visit the ER this weekend, not trying to get in the White House, just trying to see a doctor.

These times are trying and everything is suspect. Hopefully after an IV with a broad spectrum antibiotic and some more pills you will be your usual “perky” self. Our lives are hectic enough, I got your back, remember God is in the pilot seat. Protect Britianny, surround Her her with your blessings.

• carol-volckmann

March 18, 2020 at 9:51 am

Thank you Colleen. I have been thinking about you and your family and reading all your updates. It has to be so difficult for you in Belleview. It panic everywhere and my heart goes out to you and all on the Forum whoes lives are so impacted by this virus.

I will keep you updated I do feel a bit better than I did on Monday. Please take care of youself.

• brittany-foster

March 18, 2020 at 12:25 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com it certainly really makes me appreciate the comfort that I feel just from my mom’s presence alone. Honestly, I always give my mom so much credit for all she has helped me with and all she has done when I am sick and the sacrifices she makes while I’m in the hospital. I never take that for granted or fail to show my appreciation for her. But when you can’t have something it really makes you want that person there even more. Like you said, even if it’s just that extra person in the room to make you feel more comfortable or ask you “how can I help you” or “what do you need me to do”. I felt so distant from everyone even though realistically the hospital is 5 minutes from my house.

• brittany-foster

March 18, 2020 at 12:30 pm

@jimi thank you so much for your kindness and your prayer and blessing. That means so much to me, especially when things seem so out of our control right now. I think it is good to try to stay as positive as we can in the face of so much unknown. I have been trying to keep busy through the day as I usually do. I work from home but occasionally will take my work to a coffee shop or something during the week for a change of scenery. I am not able to do that now but I do like to get outdoors as long as there aren’t too many people around outside. Today is about 55 here so it feels nice just to be able to move with a little more comfort. Hope you are doing okay and that your trip to the hospital wasn’t a long one!

Page 1 of 3