Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Checking In On A Few Of Our Members

• Checking In On A Few Of Our Members

Posted by Colleen Steele on January 4, 2024 at 12:43 pm

@brenda-denzler we haven’t heard from you in a while. How are you holding up? I hope the new year has started off well for you.

@Tracey how are you doing my friend? The last I heard the balance between work and health was an understandable struggle. Have things improved? I hope the new year has been kind so far!

@Vanessa Vaile you faced health challenges in 2023? What is the new year looking like for you? Better I hope!

@Jimi Mcintosh how are you holding up? I’ve concerned about you. Let us know if we can offer you some support.

Have you been thinking of a member we haven’t heard from in a while? Feel free to add a shout out to them here!

jen-cueva replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jen-cueva

January 4, 2024 at 2:36 pm

Hi @Colleen, thanks for doing this. I often think of members and forget to post to ask how things are going. That’s my CRS, I guess. 😂

You tagged several that I’ve had ion my mind. But also would like to check in on @Kali Greathouse , @ky , @Dawn , @Tyler Chapman , and @Nancy McSweeney . How are y’all doing as we jump into this new year?

• brenda-denzler

January 4, 2024 at 5:53 pm

Colleen, thanks for checking. It sounds to me like you’ve had your own set of trials and illness, so I hope YOU (and yours) are doing better at this point.

I’m doing alright. A busy and sad and intense period for November and December, but I think things are going to be settling down now. My participation in pulmonary rehab has been pretty spotty, but I seem to be holding my own (mostly) with my stamina when I get up and try to do things. At long last I’m looking for a new hematologist to get a second opinion about my blood clotting issues. The weather is turning pretty cold here, especially at night, so I’m burning my wood stove a lot more. Gotta love that warm, wood heat! Actually got around and dusted almost my WHOLE HOUSE at one time a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing to have a dust-free house for a while.

• Colleen Steele

January 5, 2024 at 8:23 pm

@brenda-denzler losing a loved one, especially a parent is hard, but when it happens around the holidays I would imagine that adds to the ache and emptiness. My heart goes out to you and your family,

I can appreciate the energy it took to dust and also how good it felt once it was done! If you want to feel even better you are welcome to come help me dust my parent’s house because I think it’s been a while since my mom has done it.

Pop in when you can and update us on how things are going with you medically. Keeping you in my thoughts.

• jen-cueva

January 8, 2024 at 12:06 pm

Hi @brenda-denzler, I can only imagine how sad these last few months have been for you and your family. From your previous posts, it sounds like you had a complex relationship with your father. Did that come up more as he declined after his stroke? I would imagine that has to add more complicated emotions as you grieve his loss. 🤗

Wow, impressive dusting your whole house! I’m cracking up at @Colleen ‘s comments about coming to dust at her parents’ house. I’ll be the second dusting spot if it’s available. Hehe.

Dusting for me is something I try to do by room. But often, it is broken down and takes forever. Because my bedroom is at the back of the house, it’s often the last spot. Last month, the dust and supplies were on my dresser as a reminder for a few weeks. That certainly takes stamina, my PHriend.

Good luck with finding a new hematologist. Please keep us posted. ❣

I hope you enjoy the warmth of the cozy wood stove. Do the smoke or smell from the wood not bother your breathing? I remember the warmth and coziness of wood-burning ovens from my childhood. I used to rub my hands and stand around them to get warm. My cousins and I would take turns doing so at my late grandparents’ home.

• brenda-denzler

January 8, 2024 at 5:56 pm

You’re right, Jen. My relationship with my father was complex. I’m still sorting it out. But I think I contributed something to his quality of life in his last 10 months, so I am satisfied at that. And despite the complexity of our relationship, I do miss him…mostly in the odd moments when a thought of him emerges from the side and surprises me.

Dusting? I usually do it like you. One room at a time. But it takes so long between dustings that I’m never done. The room I did first becomes dusty again before I get the last room finished. Don’t know how often I’ll be able to do it all at once. I’m having a lot of energy trouble. But if I get a sudden burst, I’ll be sure to put you on my list of places to go dust.

Speaking of which, that’s one of my favorite stories about Dad. When I was in grad school my folks came to visit. I was going out the door to class one day and Dad said, “Just a minute.” And he pointed to the dusty shelves and then said, “Is there any of this dust you want to save?” 🙂 And yes, when I came home that day my apartment had been dusted!

• Colleen Steele

January 9, 2024 at 1:34 pm

@brenda-denzler I love that story about your dad asking if any of the dust was to be saved! That is the kind of sense of humor my family has so the loving sarcasm made me smile!

• jen-cueva

January 9, 2024 at 2:58 pm

Hi @brenda-denzler, I’m grateful you can think back and be satisfied that you made a difference, especially in your dad’s last few months.

Yes, as you have found, dusting a little at a time, you never get done. I end up in that situation, too.

The dusting story you shared made me laugh. I think of my dad and know he would not worry about dust. But if we are driving and he hears a strange noise, etc, he is concerned about the cars. He’s always been a car guy. Thanks for sharing the dusting story. It sounds like something I would do to my daughter. Hehe.