Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 7 of #30DaysofPH: My Long and Terrifying Journey to Diagnosis

• Day 7 of #30DaysofPH: My Long and Terrifying Journey to Diagnosis

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on November 8, 2022 at 12:00 pm

Lindsay Moretz received her initial PH diagnosis in 2019, but she had a ways to go before she got an accurate diagnosis. She encountered dismissive doctors, various health setbacks, and numerous frustrations along the way.

Finally, after months in and out of the hospital, she received a correct diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.

Here’s an excerpt from her story, “I fought so hard to be here today, with aggressive physical therapy, support from my friends and family, and most importantly, the work of my medical team. I’m proud to say that I’m now working full time as a physical therapy assistant, I feel amazing, and I’m almost completely off the medication Orenitram (treprostinil) — and I thought I’d never get off IV Remodulin (treprostinil) in the first place.”

Read the full story here.

Can you relate to Lindsay’s story? Did you have difficulty getting a proper diagnosis?

Pulmonary Hypertension News’ 30 Days of PH campaign will publish one story per day for PH Awareness Month in November. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPH, or read the full series.

Colleen replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 8, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Wow, what an incredible story you share, Lindsay! I hate that you were made to feel like PH was no big deal and dismissed by many doctors before getting your diagnosis. However, I love your perseverance; you remind us that things can change.

Your appreciation to your medical team, family, and friends are thoughtful. I know they are the only way I could get this far! Thanks for sharing your incredible journey; I am beyond grateful you are almost completed with Orenitram. May you continue to be blessed and do well.

• Colleen

November 8, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Lindsay’s story offers hope to others whose PH journey began with a very rough start. I appreciate that she shared her journey with us and pray that the road ahead continues to be a smooth one for her.