Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy February is HEART MONTH! Let’s Talk About Heart Disease

• February is HEART MONTH! Let’s Talk About Heart Disease

Posted by Brittany Foster on February 1, 2019 at 5:35 pm

The month of February is dedicated to heart disease awareness. This includes all types of heart disease like acquired disease and congenital heart disease. This is a special month for me for spreading awareness and doing a photo challenge each day based on a different topic related to heart disease and congenital heart disease in particular.

During this month I make others aware of my diagnosis involving my heart. I write social media posts each day about how heart disease has contributed to my PH symptoms, I talk about the importance of support from family, friends, my boyfriend, and medical professionals. I also take the time this month to thank those that have been there for me since birth and those who have helped me overcome the many obstacles that have been put on my path through my 27 years of life.

Do you have heart disease? Is your heart disease something that was acquired or were you born with it? Has this contributed to your PH or caused your PH? How are your spreading awareness this month?

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.