Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Finding Balance In Life May Seem Impossible With Pulmonary Hypertension

• Finding Balance In Life May Seem Impossible With Pulmonary Hypertension

Posted by Brittany Foster on April 20, 2018 at 12:05 pm

“When managing a chronic illness, self-care isn’t much of a choice. For me, as well as many others with pulmonary hypertension, it’s a necessity to staying alive and as healthy as possible. Self-care takes a lot of my time and also limits time spent with friends and family. Accepting the sacrifices made for my health has always been challenging. Finding the balance between spending time with friends and making sure enough time is given to my physical needs is especially difficult. ”

It is easy for many with Pulmonary Hypertension to feel as though their main focus is on their health and self care. Much of my own day is taken up by worrying about when my oxygen will run out, taking medications, getting rest, and going to doctors appointments.

How do you keep some “balance” in your life so that you make time for family, friends, work, etc? One thing I do is make plans in advance and prepare ahead of time when hanging out with friends/trying to keep a social life. What are some things you do that help you have some type of balance?

Brittany Foster replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.