• Tracey

October 8, 2022 at 1:17 pm

@jenc I don’t, PH is kicking my butt!!!

• jen-cueva

October 10, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Oh, I doubt you can’t find a day or time when you’ve kicked butt, too, @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za. What’s going on with you? It’s been awhile since you’ve updated us here.

Please know that we all have days or seasons when PH does kick our butts, but there are also those days when we show PH who is boss, right?

• Colleen

October 10, 2022 at 4:01 pm

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za you have been through a lot yet you have not given up…that is kicking butt! Every day you are there loving on your pets…that is kicking butt! I’m sure there is a lot more to the list. You don’t have to raise your leg to kick butt! Many ways to do it and I’m sure you are!

• Pam Muell

October 12, 2022 at 2:34 pm

I love the positivity here!We wake up and do what we can for as long as we can and then rest.

• Colleen

October 12, 2022 at 5:05 pm

@pam-muell there definitely is a lot of positivity that flows here but we also allow bad days too. We all have them so it’s ok when negativity sneaks in, we are all here to help boost each other back up.

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2022 at 12:59 pm

Yes, so true, @pam-muell. We try and stay positive. But at times, we also cry with you when needed. Each day may be different. But our support is always here to try and lift each other.

However, we know we must feel all emotions and get through them to reach the positives sometimes.

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2022 at 12:59 pm

Yes, so true, @pam-muell. We try and stay positive. But at times, we also cry with you when needed. Each day may be different. But our support is always here to try and lift each other.

However, we know we must feel all emotions and get through them to reach the positives sometimes.

• Tracey

October 14, 2022 at 3:10 pm

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@jenc @colleensteele you’re both right of course. I do kick butt, I super kicked butt today in fact with 4 back to back client appointments. I know I’m going to pay for it tomorrow though!! I guess I just get frustrated that things aren’t “normal” or I’m struggling more than usual. You’re both so positive but sometimes your columns really hit a note with me. @jenc your article a couple of weeks ago when you talked about what happens behind closed doors that no one sees, I could so relate. I’ve just got so much going on, work wise and health wise that no one ever sees that sometimes I just want to scream out and be acknowledged for what I manage with PH. It’s really hard being a business owner and keeping the wheels turning, and now I must do it with PH.  Sometimes when clients are being difficult I just want to shout that they must back off I’m doing this with, what my doctor said the other day, a stiff heart and stiff lungs.  But I have never let one client know that I’m not well, I know people in South Africa, if they catch a hint that I’m ill they’ll go to another agent – and I wouldn’t blame them because I’m dealing with their and their family’s future. I wouldn’t entrust my future to someone who may drop dead tomorrow. You must understand that things in SA are crumbling fast – our only, and State owned energy supplier has been so corrupted that it’s unable to generate enough electricity, so for weeks on end we’ll have 2 hours of no electricity three times a day and when things get really bad we’ll have 3 stints of 4 hours each – we call it loadshedding. It’s  crippling our already struggling economy and people just want to leave the country as soon as they can. I spend all day hearing people complain about not having electricity for 6 – 12 hours a day, and I often wonder if they ever think about what that means for someone whose life depends on having electricity to run an oxygen concentrator. But they don’t know because I don’t tell, and my staff and I have become masters at the art of hiding my illness. Zoom meetings have saved me because very few people now want in person meetings, so I can say I’ve got internet problems and not turn on my camera so they don’t see the oxygen. And sometimes if I’m having a good day I’ll go through an hour meeting without my oxygen.  Crazy right!?? By the end of the meeting I’m going blue and need to be revived ???? It was funny today I actually forgot about my oxygen and had a meeting with a potential partner company, and I  wondered why the guy kept asking me if I’m ok. It was only when the meeting ended that I realized I’d done the whole meeting with oxygen. He said he’s going to send me an agreement so our two companies can start working together on Monday, but I have a feeling I’m never going to hear from him again. Anyway I’m rambling. I guess I’m just saying that things are so much more difficult with PH, but I get up every day that I’m able and I get on with the job, so that’s how I kick PHs butt!!!</p>

• Colleen

October 17, 2022 at 3:54 pm

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za silently dealing with all that you are IS definitely kicking butt but in return it’s probably also kicking yours. It’s hard to go through illness and struggle without understanding from those around you. I get why you can’t tell your clients but that must put a lot of pressure on you.

Health and electricity complications aside, are you enjoying the work? I know you were excited about this in the beginning. I hope you are find it fulfilling.

When do you find time to relax, nap, go to appointments…take care of you? Please try to take care of yourself. I worry about you my friend.

• jen-cueva

October 17, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Hi @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za, wow, you’re one go-getter, my PHriend! You certainly are kicking all the butt! Managing PH and other health concerns while owning your business must be challenging. Are you still doing it all yourself?

That’s a heavy load. I hope you are taking some time for yourself to rest and recover and cuddle with your fur boys. How are you feeling? You must be exhausted after those clients.

I worry about you, and the electricity problems sound horrible. But you continue to persevere.

Take care of yourself. I’m sorry that you have to hide your illness from clients. Hopefully, you’ll find it better received when you do need your oxygen on those calls. Please don’t pass out on your clients or us, girl. Hugs, love, light, and prayers are with you.