Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health How Have You “Pressed On”?

• Colleen

January 2, 2020 at 7:30 pm

Brittany, no need to explain. If it’s one thing I’ve come to accept over the years is that no medical decision, whether it be our or the doctors, is set in stone. I do hope that at some point you will reach more tolerable success with the tubes. You might not think of yourself as strong and an inspiration to others but you really are! There are many in this world who feel defeated by the smallest struggle, and then there is you, constantly pushing through no matter what.

• Colleen

January 2, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Joyce,
    My son wasn’t on Uptravi but he had similar issues with his PH treatments. He was always very sensitive to dosage changes and migraines were the worst side effect. Any changes to his meds had to be done very, very slowly. I hope you are starting to feel better now.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and your positive attitude. Happy 2020!

• Colleen

January 2, 2020 at 7:48 pm

@andrew Hi Andrew,
    Oh, I can really relate to how humor has helped you through your medical challenges. It really is the best medicine. I recently wrote a column on this very topic. I wish you a happy new year and I hope you will continue to post to the forums.
    https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/2019/12/02/laughter-healing-friends/

• Brittany Foster

January 2, 2020 at 7:54 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com Thank you for reaching out with your words of encouragement and kindness. I always really do try my best to keep a good attitude. I allow myself to be sad and feel upset and for me that is really important and just as important as trying to be positive and grateful. Hope you are doing well! I was really glad that I was out of the hospital and got to spend my puppy’s first Christmas with him and our first Christmas as a family of 3 !

• Brittany Foster

January 2, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Colleen, sometimes I really do need that reminder of my strength. So thank you for saying that. Today when I talked to a psychiatrist to help me with medication for acute anxiety and need for meds before surgery she reminded me that I was resilient and all that I have been able to get through and it was a breath of fresh air to hear that. We all need that reminder sometimes !

• Brittany Foster

January 2, 2020 at 8:04 pm

@joyce-sandberg and @colleensteele I am also very sensitive to med changes. Any increase in the dosage it takes my body a good 2 weeks to adjust to the slightest increase. Usually some of my symptoms are headaches in the morning upon waking up and I feel more tired easily through the day. Sometimes I end up taking medication just to balance out the symptoms of feeling so drained and worn out.

Page 2 of 2