Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms How long does it take you to recover after a day/night of fun?

• How long does it take you to recover after a day/night of fun?

Posted by brittany-foster on November 12, 2018 at 4:18 pm

This weekend was an amazing time! I decorated my oxygen tank again for a wedding I went to. I decorated it black with a purple flower vine wrapped around it. The oxygen, my sister, and I danced the night away! I pushed myself just the right amount, but BOY did I pay for it the next morning. I’m sitting here today saying “ouchhh!” As my body is recovering from a fun (and well worth it) night out over the weekend.

Some of my common symptoms after I’ve most likely overdone it are muscle aches and pain, feeling more tired than usual, migraine, and I usually need more oxygen help through the day.

I’ve been taking the past few days to rest as much as I can. Luckily it is a long weekend because of Veteran’s Day !

How long does it take you to recover after a night out? What are some common symptoms that alert you that you may have had “too much fun”?

brittany-foster replied 5 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • margie-novak

December 7, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Can totally relate and I don’t even have to be active to tire out!!! I went to Red Lobster with my family last week-end and by the time I got home I was tired. The next day I had to sit a lot more and my breathing was heavier. Another downside with PH — I used to be so active and now even the little things tire me out! Brittany, Glad you had a good time at the wedding though! You don’t let the illness slow you down. take care

• brittany-foster

December 10, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Hi Margie,
      I try hard to not let it slow me down but sometimes it does. A bunch of my friends went out this weekend and I was only able to make it past the beginning of the night and then had to get dropped off while everyone went out again afterwards. It is hard mentally when I know I have to slow down due to physical conditions that are beyond my control. But I try to keep the positivity 🙂 I hope at least you were able to eat some good food!

• margie-novak

December 18, 2018 at 2:19 pm

I wanted to post this (even though it is off the beaten path) I have having a real hard time getting a grant for my Tracleer medicine (if anyone takes that). I used to use Caring Voice before they discontinued it. I am trying every day to find some place that would give me a grant. Is anyone having this problem and, if so, what are you doing? I call places every day and nothing is open and I cannot afford the medicine by myself. Your comments are appreciated. Merry Christmas… margie novak

• brittany-foster

December 18, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Hi Margie,
      I don’t have any recommendations for you, but I will start a new topic for you and post this question. Look on the “activity” feed of the forums and I’m sure you will be able to find the topic ! I can tag you in it.