Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Meditation and Breathing Exercises

• Meditation and Breathing Exercises

Posted by brittany-foster on July 10, 2019 at 2:39 pm

I know that with a lung condition it can be difficult to do any real deep breathing exercises. I used to give a hard eye roll when my therapists would tell me to “take some slow deep breaths” when my lung capacity was sitting at 30%. Deep breaths just was NOT and still is NOT part of my vocabulary. But something that I CAN do is guided meditation that doesn’t involve deep breathing. The parts that tell me to “deep breathe” I adapt to my own capacity and only do what I can.

I am a fan of guided meditation and find some good ones on youtube. After my last surgery and with continued surgeries, procedures, and testing to come, it leaves my anxiety in a state of turmoil. Usually I find some time to unwind at the end of the day and my meditation and breathing exercises are best at night right before bed. It helps me fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Here is a great video that I have tried. Feel free to share any links or videos on meditation that you have tried for stress relief. Whether it includes “deep breathing” or not, getting your mind into the present moment is very helpful.

brittany-foster replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.