Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Raising Awareness through YouTube Channels and Social Media

• Raising Awareness through YouTube Channels and Social Media

Posted by Brittany Foster on September 13, 2019 at 9:01 am

Do you enjoy watching YouTube channels? I have recently watched a few YouTube channels that are motivating and encouraging to me as someone with chronic illness. It feels good to see others like me out there who are still living their life the best they can and allowing others to see the real, raw honesty of what it’s like living with illness, both the ups and the downs.

YouTube has been a great place for those with chronic diseases to share their journey. I have always thought about doing a YouTube channel myself but my tech skills definitely could use some work. I am pretty camera shy when it comes to video and hearing myself speak LOL ! Is it just me or does the sound of your own voice sometimes make you CRINGE !?

Some YouTube channels I have loved watching are Claire Wineland, and The Frey Life. Both of these channels showcase two women living with cystic fibrosis, but I can relate to so much of what they go through and share. Sadly, Claire passed away after a double lung transplant but her videos are truly inspirational. I encourage everyone to view them and share your thoughts and some of your favorites from her!

Do you have any favorite YouTube channels or do you follow any chronic illness bloggers that have really good content (on other forms of social media too) ? Share the ones that you follow here and a reason why they are inspiring to you!

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.