Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Oxygen Users Updated O2 concentrator info?

• Updated O2 concentrator info?

Posted by brenda-denzler on April 2, 2024 at 10:25 am

I have finally received my oxygen concentrator for nighttime use. Have used it four nights, and really like how I feel in the mornings when I wake up. More rested, for sure.

Taking a trip across the mountains (sure to cause me to feel SOB) and away from home in mid-May. Thus, I will be away from the O2 concentrator, too.

Anyone here able to recommend a brand and/or kind of O2 concentrator that works very well? (Pulsed O2 is alright for me.)

I will try to get one via insurance, but if that fails……

Thanks for your input. Last time something like this was discussed appears to have been about 6 years ago, so I thought I’d see if there was some updated advice I could tap into.

Cris Dingman replied 6 days, 1 hour ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Cris Dingman

April 2, 2024 at 2:51 pm

Brenda, my first portable was an Inogen. I really liked it, it was a bit heavy to carry (they all are), but as time went on, and my breathing got a bit worse, I found the Inogen couldn’t really keep up with my needs. I then purchased a portable called Arya TivoMax. A tad bit lighter and a bit more powerful, so this has been a good one. They do have backpacks for both units, but my arthritic shoulders make it almost impossible to get on and off on my own. Either unit, depending on your needs, will help you immensely. Good luck.

• brenda-denzler

April 2, 2024 at 3:31 pm

Thanks, Cris. If I’m going to invest money in the thing, I’ll probably go with the slightly more powerful one, figuring that at some point in the future I may need the power.

• Cris Dingman

April 23, 2024 at 2:34 pm

Brenda, sorry for being late to respond. There IS a very heavy portable that rolls. Sequal Eclipse 5. I don’t remember offhand what the lpm max is, but I do believe it works lpm or pulse. Worth a look.