Pulmonary hypertension affects different aspects of a patient’s life, mainly due to symptoms such as shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness or fainting spells, chest pressure or pain, swelling (edema) in the ankles, legs and eventually abdomen (ascites), cyanosis, and racing pulse or heart palpitations.
As the summer approaches, many people are starting to think about vacations, which in the case of pulmonary hypertension patients can implicate some challenges.
The Medical Record has recently released a video with some recommends for having a safe vacation with pulmonary hypertension. “Traveling and going on holiday are fantastic, but if you have a medical condition you’ll need a bit of extra planning. Pulmonary hypertension patient Shani and cardiology doctor Jij give some top tips for having a stress-free jet-set experience,” as explained in the video shared on The Medical Record‘s YouTube channel.
The 10 tips for a safe vacation include:
- Check with your doctor;
- Let your travel operator know about your condition;
- Make sure you have enough supplies;
- Take copies of medical documents such as clinic letters, prescriptions, or discharge summaries;
- Check vaccinations and prophylaxis;
- Get insurance and consider a medical alert bracelet;
- Travel to places where treatment is easily available;
- Think about climate and activities;
- Make a check-list to discuss specific plans with your doctor; and
- Stick to the plan.
Pulmonary Hypertension News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?