Pulmonary Hypertension Public Service Announcements to Air in Many U.S. Movie Theaters
Movie-goers will be seeing pulmonary hypertension public service announcements at selected theaters in California, Nevada and Washington, beginning today, which is World PH Day.
The Phaware Global Association and On the Wall Theater Advertising arranged for the I’m Aware That I’m Rare PSAs to run in 80 Galaxy theaters and IMAX screens throughout the month of May. The objective is to raise awareness of PH.
The PSAs, which last between 15 and 30 seconds, are already airing on Fox and other television networks. The phaware association and the ad agency believe they are an innovative way to engage and educate audiences about PH before a movie starts.
Phaware’s goal is to ensure that one day no PH patient will go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. Its main focus is educating and providing resources to patients, healthcare professionals, donors and supporters nationwide.
Everyone can join the #phaware campaign by sharing news about the PSAs during #WorldPHDay. They can also stay connected the remaining 364 days of the year through phaware’s smartphone apps or by subscribing to Pulmonary Hypertension News‘ free newsletter.
Creating awareness can help increase the rate of early PH diagnoses – and that can mean the difference between life and death.
Galaxy Theaters operate in the western United States, where a lot of people have PH.
Pulmonary Hypertension News has been running Phaware’s “I’m Aware That I’m Rare” podcast series since April 3. Each podcast, which runs three times a week, is between three and 15 minutes long, and the site includes a complete audio transcript.
The podcasts feature the voices of PH patients, caregivers, specialists, doctors, nurses and patients with other rare diseases. The content spans the experiences of those affected by PH. The idea behind running them is to cultivate a sense of community and sharing, and raise awareness.
You can listen to all the podcasts below or download the “Aware That I’m Rare” podcast mobile app to listen from your smartphone.
- April 3 – Phaware Podcast: Andy Sagraves
- April 5 – Phaware Podcast: Kevin Lee Burger
- April 6 – Phaware Podcast: Danijela Pešić
- April 10 – Phaware Podcast: Jim White, MD
- April 12 – Phaware Podcast: Cynthia Sandova and Sylvia Lakalaka
- April 13 – Phaware Podcast: Omar and Javier Estevez
- April 17 – Phaware Podcast: Arlene Shuler
- April 19 – Phaware Podcast: Jennica Clasby
- April 20 – Phaware Podcast: Michael Bonar
- April 24 – Phaware Podcast: Marcie McGregor
- April 26 – Phaware Podcast: Candy Morehouse
- April 27 – Phaware Podcast: Dunbar Ivy, MD
- May 1 – Phaware Podcast: Betty Lou Wojciechowski
- May 2 – Phaware Podcast: Kathleen Sheffer
- May 3 – Phaware Podcast: Stuart Berwick
- May 4 – Phaware Podcast: Haley Lynn
If you’re interested in sharing your story in a podcast, visit www.phaware.global/podcast.