Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: How My PH Story Sparked a Lifetime Movie

• 30 Days of PH: How My PH Story Sparked a Lifetime Movie

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on November 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Priya Balachandran first revealed my feelings about pulmonary hypertension (PH), and it was to a group of fellow classmates, nine months after giving birth to her daughter, Kali, and nearly dying in the process.

Priya lives with this condition as comfortably as she can. The story she wrote and read to a room of strangers was heard by a TV executive writing her own story in that same room. Ten years later, it was commissioned and became a Lifetime movie called “Fighting For Her Family,” which is airing now.

The movie had a happy ending, but for Priya and many others, the fighting will continue: “We are PH Warriors”

Yes we are! Priya, we salute you!

Now back to our PH Community. Have you ever written “your story”? Do you ever journal?

Priya’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. This is an incredible community, and we have more stories until the end of the month. Stay with us x

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

November 23, 2021 at 10:56 am

Priya’s story is incredible! My husband, Manny, and I watched her story on Lifetime a few weeks back. (Warning: Kleenex is needed.) it tugged at both of our hearts as well as our anxieties.

Priya and her family are such Warriors, as you are, too!

I journaled before starting my column here at PH News. If one person reads my column and benefits, it’s more than worth it! For me, this is therapeutic while offering support to those who need it.

Another important takeaway is, “we can fight by embracing every breath we have, living for the now, and reminding ourselves that we are not weak.”