Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH : I Advocate to Honor My Son

• 30 Days of PH : I Advocate to Honor My Son

Posted by jen-cueva on November 23, 2021 at 11:17 am

We have shared some amazing PH journeys this month for PH Awareness month. Day 22 of 30 Days of PH is Annie’s story. Annie is a remarkable woman who continues to advocate and support PH in many aspects in Australia.

She co-founded the Pulmonary Hypertension Association of Australia after working closely with PHA and PH Central in the U.S. She was driven to my achievements to honor my son, Timothy Walker, who died from PH in 2006.

Annie, we appreciate you and celebrate you as we honor your beloved son, Tim.

But she doesn’t stop there. Annie’s story is on our Instagram! We have more stories coming up for you! Please go check it out and give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories.

What drives you to advocate for PH? What takeaways do you have after reading Annie’s story?

Pulmonary Hypertension News’ 30 Days of PH campaign is publishing one story per day from someone who has been affected by the disease for PH Awareness Month in November. Read the full series for more stories like this, and follow us on <b>Facebook</b> and <b>Instagram</b>, using the hashtag #30DaysofPH.

Colleen replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Colleen

November 24, 2021 at 11:22 pm

I have a high level of appreciation for Annie’s advocacy efforts because I would imagine it’s not easy to do after losing her son to PH. It must be a constant reminder to her of what he went through but she continues to fight with the hope that she can help others. Such a powerful story.