Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: I Am Capable of So Much More Than I Thought

• 30 Days of PH: I Am Capable of So Much More Than I Thought

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on November 29, 2021 at 7:30 pm

Sara Eldaly was 24 years when she was newly married, and extremely excited about her upcoming life and plans. She fainted in the bathroom and woke up in the ICU, where the doctors told her she had severe idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.

She was devastated. The thing that hurt the most was seeing her family and husband sad. She was often depressed, knowing that she couldn’t have kids of her own. Sara cried almost every single night.

However, Sara is super thankful for having the most amazing parents, siblings, and husband. She is learning how to live with her disease. Sara always listens to her body, knowing when to rest and what her limitations are.

“Living with this disease has shown me that I’m capable of so much more than I thought.”

Sara you are a shining star!

Now back to our PH Community. Do you find it easy to listen to your body?

Sara’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. We are almost at the end of the month. Stay with us x

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

November 30, 2021 at 6:47 pm

So scary at that age and any age, for sure, Sara. I am hopeful that while you are learning to listen to your body, that your treatments have been helpful in your PH symptoms.

I thought of you, @mknevada, as I read this story. Although Sara was a bit younger at diagnosis, you can relate in many ways.

Sara, you seemed to learn early on about listening to your body. Kudos to you! I’ve pushed my body to a breaking point at times. But doing much better at listening to my body and resting when needed. (most days, anyway)

Another vital point that Sara mentions I can relate with. For me, I want to make everyone happy. So, watching my family on my most challenging days as they are sad has hurt me so much.

Thank you, Sara, for these important reminders and for sharing your story. Well said.