Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: I Work to Stay Busy and Active

• jen-cueva

November 17, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Incredible story, @wheeldog! I love your attitude that working keeps you busy. I, too, can attest to that. Although, I work fewer hours and a less strenuous job than you, Roger. I go nuts if I am not working in some sort.

Thanks for sharing your PH story. I hope that you and your wife made it to Arizona safely. Please update us once you get settled in at the RV park with all of your friends.

How’s the weather there?

• Roger Bliss

November 17, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Not in AZ yet. We did make it to America though. Probably one of the rougher trips we have ever made. Lots of snow, cold and snow covered/icy roads in AK, Yukon, and BC. My pickup spent a lot of time in 4 wheel drive. Serious flooding and landslides in southern BC and western Washington. Lots of roads are closed, including Hwy 1 in Canada. Somehow we were able to sneak by all the stuff and are at our son’s place in Sun River, OR (near Bend).

Gonna be in SD for my appointment Nov 23rd. If you and Manny are going to be around maybe we can meet up?? If not, I have another appointment in early December.

• jen-cueva

November 18, 2021 at 5:40 pm

Hey @wheeldog, oh no, it sounds like a wild trip already. Welcome to America. Bend is a lovely area; I hope that you enjoy your visit with your son. Stay safe on your travels from there to AZ.

You’re such a humble guy, Roger. Many who read your story will undoubtedly be inspired. I don’t think readers will be bummed because stories of hope and inspiration lift most.

Manny world M-F, but it would probably be good if you want to meet in the evening, either the 23rd or when you come in December. We would love to meet you and your wife. Please LMK what you think works best.

• Roger Bliss

November 18, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Would probably be better on the Dec 2nd. On the 23 they may dope me up some. They said I need to bring someone to drive. Then again, they told me that the first time I had it done at home. Since I didn’t scream like a little girl, they didn’t dope me up and let me drive myself after that. Hopefully, it will be the same at UCSD.

How does Manny like his new job? Has he got a chance to drive his work truck with lights and siren blazing away?

• Colleen

November 17, 2021 at 5:27 pm

@wheeldog I’m certain many who have read your story related to or felt inspired by your effort to continue working and stay active. Thank you so much for contributing to the “30 Days of PH” project.

• Roger Bliss

November 18, 2021 at 12:09 am

Well, I am just doing what I need to to survive and be happy. I realize some may be inspired by my story, that’s fine. I just hope people who have progressed farther in this disease, don’t get bummed out because they are having a hard time.

• Colleen

November 19, 2021 at 6:38 pm

@wheeldog you are so kind hearted. It has been my experience that the PH community values every story from the good, the bad and the in-between. Compassion overflows among PHamily and I believe anyone who reads your story will feel happy for you no matter what they are going through right now.

For many years my son seemed to be fairing a lot better than other children in a family support group I belonged to. It made me hesitant to share his progress and happy moments in his life. It turns out, people want to hear the good news too.

As you know, my son eventually declined and received a heart and double-lung transplant. When he became critical I found value in reading positive updates about other children. It’s heartwarming and we all just want the best for each other. Just saying, I’ve wanted to hear it all no matter what side of the fence I am on.

Thank you for sharing your story!

• LSanders

July 29, 2022 at 3:30 pm

I try to stay busy and especially walking!!
    My family thinks I could be doing more harm than good!  (overdoing, thinking I could push through the PVOD!)
    We still have a lot of questions about the stage I’m in and how long we may have to deal with this!
    I’m glad you are doing good with yours!!

• jen-cueva

August 2, 2022 at 11:42 am

Hi @katesnonnie, walking can benefit us, as long as we are tolerating it ok. How do you feel while walking? Do you feel faint, have a fast heartbeat, or are you extremely short of breath? If so, maybe you are pushing it. But if your body is tolerating it, I say go for it.

Of course, we are all different and at various stages with our PH. Your PH medical team would be the best place to ask about your activity level.

How long have you been diagnosed now?