Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: My Daughter Is Living Her Best Life

• 30 Days of PH: My Daughter Is Living Her Best Life

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on November 26, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Jessica Nichols Johnson tell us the story of her daughter, Kayleigh Johnson, a typical teenager with one huge difference. She fights for every breath she takes.

When Kayleigh was born, she had two holes in her heart. By the time she was 6, the holes in her heart had closed on their own, and she continued to live just like other kids her age. At 7, she began fainting when she exercised. On July 11, 2014, 8-year-old Kayleigh was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (PH).

This year, it’s Kayleigh’s seventh year since diagnosis. Her PH is now stable. Today, she enjoys texting with friends, making Tik Tok videos, and participating in her high school’s marching band in which she plays the clarinet.

Kayleigh is living her best life and inspiring us all! Thank you Jessica!

Now back to our PH Community. How do you “live your best life”?

Kayleigh’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. We are almost at the end of the month, and it just keeps getting better.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

November 29, 2021 at 10:16 am

What an incredible young teen Kayleigh is! I love that she continues to live her best life despite PH. It sounds like she is doing all of the fun things that teens do. WTG, Kayleigh!

I like to think that I live my best life daily. Some days I do better than others. For example, this weekend, I did another e-bike ride with my husband, Manny. Those rides are freeing, and I feel like I am “normal.” I carry a backpack with my oxygen that lasts about 2 hours at maximum. But I am not going anywhere near that long, LOL.

Thank you, Jessica, for sharing Kayleigh’s story. She must be that strong, courageous young teen with the support of her loving mom—such an inspiring story to start the new week.