Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: My Wife Is a Phighter and Survived Covid

• jen-cueva

November 24, 2021 at 5:19 pm

Thank you, Kev, for your continued support and awesome introduction. I’m grateful to be here and spend my days with each of you.

Each of the 30 Days of PH stories offers such unique perspectives. For this one, it was funny because Manny would not let me see his draft until it was published. Colleen and the rest of the team were huge support as they assisted him with anything needed for the story. They are all amazing !!

Living with PH, the endless love and support of our partners, caregivers, family, and friends make a difference. For those of you who are the caregivers, you are the superstars in my eyes. I wouldn’t be here without such love and supportive hubby.

Have you experienced a similar experience? Do you find that you have that one person or team that makes your life with PH that much better?

• Colleen

November 24, 2021 at 11:18 pm

@jenc you have come so far since this time last year. I believe your inner strength and Manny’s love was the perfect combination to get you through it. What a love story the both of you share. Manny wasn’t ready to share this story last year. He seemed ready this year and I hope he found it to be a therapeutic process and I hope reading it was also healing for you.

• jen-cueva

November 29, 2021 at 9:56 am

Thank you, @colleensteele, for such kind words. I think you are correct. I am beyond grateful for how far I have come. Without Manny’s love and the support of those like you in my life, I couldn’t have come so far.

Manny commented that although writing this took him back, he had some bittersweet moments. But he said if it helps one person, he is happy. Thank you for helping him with getting his story finished this year. You certainly make it easier to share one’s journey.