Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: The Key to Living Successfully With PAH

• 30 Days of PH: The Key to Living Successfully With PAH

Posted by jen-cueva on November 16, 2021 at 11:32 am

On Day 15 of 30 Days of PH, I want to share Lauren’s story. Lauren was diagnosed after fainting at a high-intensity exercise class in January 2010. Before that, she never had any specific symptoms.

She was 21 and 3 semesters away from graduating from nursing school. She says, “The best decision I made for myself in those early days was to be adaptable and fight hard.”

Lauren now works full-time as a registered nurse. Her most recent and favorite adventure of this journey has been motherhood. She and her husband adopted our son this spring.

Wow, what a busy woman you must be, Lauren! You are a superwoman and inspiration. You have shown your PHight by your many accomplishments.

She encourages “all” fellow “PHighters” out there to keep on keepin’ on, to find your key for successfully living with PH!”

Lauren’s story is on our Instagram! We have more stories for you! Please go check it out and give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories.

Pulmonary Hypertension News’ 30 Days of PH campaign is publishing one story per day from someone who has been affected by the disease for PH Awareness Month in November. Read the full series for more stories like this, and follow us on <b>Facebook</b> and <b>Instagram</b>, using the hashtag #30DaysofPH.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colleen

November 16, 2021 at 6:06 pm

I have never tried yoga but when I read about all that Lauren has been through, how she balances her responsibilities and see that genuine happy smile in her picture, I’m thinking maybe yoga is something I should try.

Who does yoga here? Is there anything you would like to share about it?

• jen-cueva

November 17, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Hi @colleensteele, yoga is a great way to help us balance things. I found that one yoga celebrity on YoutUbe that @brittany-foster shared at one time is one I enjoyed, too.

Yoga with Adrienne is something you can do at home, and she has many levels. Before COVID, I was doing this several times per day. I used a yoga mat, a throw pillow, and a towel as needed. I often did the shorter stretching videos or only a portion of the longer ones. I always ended with a few extra stretches and breathing exercises.

Here is the link to the YouTube channel for her videos. Check it out, and let me know what you think. I am hoping to start again soon, too. I have already located my yoga mat.

Also, one of our forum members, @kaye-norlin, is a certified yoga instructor. I met her at a PH Coference. She was terrific and offered chair yoga during the conference, too. I thought that she, too, had a video or several online. If she does not respond, I will share anything that I find.

Does anyone else have videos that you love?

• jen-cueva

February 2, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Hey @agenbyte, this also offers some discussion on yoga. I shared the yoga video YouTube channel in my post above if you like to check it out. I will love to hear some of your favorites if you do yoga at home. How long have you been practicing yoga?

• jen-cueva

May 31, 2022 at 2:54 pm

Hey @kakes, the message with the YouTube video above is the yoga I do if I use any. I can do this at home and adapt to things that I may not be able to do.