Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Caregivers and Family Members 7 things you need to know about your loved one’s PH diagnosis

Tagged: 

• Brittany Foster

May 9, 2018 at 5:49 am

Hi!
    I would also like to add that I’m still “me” even with this diagnosis. I feel like a lot of people including friends and family are quick to just talk about my health. I’d like them to know that I highly enjoy talking about other things. It makes me feel like I’m not just a diagnosis. As much as I do talk about my condition on social media to spread awareness and educate, I do other things and have other hobbies aside from hospital trips and doctor appointments.

Does anyone else struggle with people just seeing them as their diagnosis and asking just health related questions ?

• Brian Gilbert

May 21, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Hi Brittany. We experience the same thing. Friends come over and my wife’s health would rule the topic of the conversation if we didn’t change it to something else. We genuinely appreciate the concerns our friends have about her health, but she’s still Charlotte from the block (LOL!) and can talk about many other things.

• Brittany Foster

May 21, 2018 at 5:42 pm

I find I have to be the one to change the conversation a lot ! Or try to do something outrageous so people know I’m still me! “Charlotte from the block” I fully appreciate the JLo reference!!!!