Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Actelion Launches PH Human Website

• Actelion Launches PH Human Website

Posted by Kathleen Sheffer on January 25, 2019 at 1:21 am

Actelion Pharmaceuticals, makers of endothelin receptor antagonists Tracleer (bosentan) and Opsumit (macitentan), recently launched a website called PH Human.

With information about pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and its impact, diagnosis, and treatment, the site aims to support people living with PAH and those around them. Actelion designed the website to provide approachable and practical guidance for those affected by PAH. It includes an eBook available in seven different languages, as well as profiles on young adults living with PAH who pursue inspiring careers and hobbies.

I’m excited to explore more of this website and watch it grow. It’s great to see a pharmaceutical company supporting the patients receiving their therapies. Best of all, there’s a new source of accurate and engaging information about the disease. Seriously, I’m thoroughly enjoying scrolling through the colorful eBook, with a powerful message at the end.

Had you heard about the PH Human website? What other sources do you turn to for information about PAH, career options, and practical guidance? Are there any resources missing that you wish were available to PH patients? Tell us more in the comments!

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Vanessa Vaile

March 20, 2019 at 5:47 pm

I saw the PH Human site announcement on Twitter last week — checked it out and bookmarked both site and e-book for my PH collection. Actelion caught my eye because I’m on Uptravi (selexipag), which they also make, and had already noticed the high quality of their information media.

PHA Canada has good resources, a monthly magazine, a Living with PH page, great graphics and design.

Also worth checking out:

PHA UK

PHA Europe

PHA Australia

All are on social media too.

• Brittany Foster

March 20, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Thank you so much for the resources Vanessa! It’s great to know that there are reputable sources of information out there instead of just mindlessly “googling” things.