Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

Your loved ones/caregivers do their best to try and help you through the ups and downs of PH. They mean well in all they say and do but they might not always get it right.

What does your loved one/caregiver say or do for you that is extremely helpful? What is the one thing you wish they would stop saying or doing and why? How do you express your wishes to them?

Please share your experience with us.

V.R. Peterson
      Participant

Thank you, @colleensteele, for starting this thread. I’ve often wondered how many times I’ve said things that made things more difficult for my son. While he’s much better since his PTE surgery, we’ve discovered it might not be a permanent fix. I’m following this thread, so if he starts getting sick again, I’ll know what not to say. I’ll also know which things will help. Thanks, again.

Brittany Foster
      Keymaster

One of the things that is hard for many of my family members to grasp is the fact that there is no “cure” to what is going on with me. I know that they think that each surgery I get is going to fix the problem but that’s just not the case. It can be frustrating to both me and my family members that assume it is going to be a cure all because then they are just let down when the same things keep happening again. I know that everyone just wants us to be better and be cured, but that’s not reality and it is a hard one for many to face.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@mamabear007 one of the most important things I learned over the years is to give my son the personal time he needs to process things. Especially when he was still a minor it didn’t feel right leaving him alone when he was dealing with something new and difficult. There have been a number of times when in the hospital that he would point to the door and tell me to get out for a while. It sometimes hurt my feelings but he has explained to me that when he does that it’s because he desperately needs some time to think on his own and absorb whatever information the doctor just told him. When I do often find him in a better state of mind when I return and truth be told I benefit from some time to myself too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account