• Anyone been on Adempas for PH?

Posted by Deleted User on November 27, 2019 at 9:16 am

I am getting ready to start taking Adempas and am wondering if anyone has any advice about it? Any Side effects, did it help with your symptoms? I am always scared to try a new medicine. Any information I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Deleted User replied 4 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Colleen

November 27, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Shannon,
    Adempas isn’t one I don’t have experience with but several of our members do and I’m sure they will join in the conversation soon. Just want to wish you good luck with it and limited side effects!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 27, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Hi Colleen! Ok thank you! And yes I am crossing my fingers that I won’t have to many side effects. Sometimes the side effects are worse then my symptoms! Makes me research and get all the information I can before I try anything new.

• tony-wiley

November 28, 2019 at 11:14 am

Hi All:I have been on adempas for over 4yrs very Satisfied, No side effects. It really help my Breathing.

• bob-bagby

November 28, 2019 at 11:44 am

I’ve been on Adempas since diagnosis 5 years ago – had to add Opsumit the first year to slow down symptoms, been on both for 5 years now. Nothing unpleasant, some digestive grumblings.
    Any restless legs people I have a good rx that works well for me and I’ll be happy to share the info if anyone needs help. If its not one thing its another.

• Carol alexander

November 28, 2019 at 12:31 pm

I was on Adempas for a little over 2 yrs my breathing was not improving as far as one of my doc was concerned I think they were wrong Side effects lasted about 2 weeks

• jimi-mcintosh

November 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm

I have been on Adempas for 5 years, with only issue being having to start tapering over again if I miss it for 4 days. I have had few issues with the meds, almost no interactions. I was expecting to be able to exercise more
    , climb slight inclines and stairs without getting winded.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 30, 2019 at 10:07 am

Thank you everyone for your information about Adempas. I appreciate it very much. Makes me feel better starting it knowing most of you are doing well on it. Thank you

• jacquelynn-segars-uhl

December 2, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Yes, I began Adempas in 2014 and added Letairis in 2017.
    My exercise capacity is amazing and neither of these meds has given me side effects.
    I might add that My CTEPH was treated with open heart and lung surgery in 2013 with success. However my aortic pressure remains high due to lung damage and enlarged heart.
    My last Dr visit revealed that my heart size is moderately beginning to shrink….thanks to these meds and my exercise ability.