• Posted by Brittany Foster on September 13, 2019 at 2:35 pm

I just got out of the hospital this week and I can tell that my body and my mind are completely exhausted after this week I had. This week has been challenging for me in so many ways. I had my surgery a week ago for my tube placement into my intestines, am managing pretty severe pain from that, and we had a loss in my family this past week. To say it has been physically and emotionally difficult is actually an understatement.

When I went to my primary care today I wasn’t surprised that my oxygen was 86%, my face looked like I needed about 3 weeks of sleep, and I was crying and so upset and uncomfortable in the office. I got a long talk about wearing my oxygen (again) and definitely need to give myself some TLC and play catch up with rest and rejuvenation. That’s how I plan on spending my weekend. Watching some shows, maybe doing some reading if my brain is up for it, and relaxing and allowing my body and mind to heal.

What does your weekend look like? Are you finding yourself recovering after a long week or do you have any fun plans to look forward to ? I want to hear about it !

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Colleen

September 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Well, it is Friday the 13th AND a full moon! If I can keep my boys in for the evening I want us to have some family time and watch scary movies tonight. I think you might have enough frightening experiences this past week Britt, so maybe you should stick with comedy or romance. I’m not big on scary movies but on days like today it’s fun to watch them.

• Brittany Foster

September 13, 2019 at 2:43 pm

I LOVE that idea actually! Very “Friday the 13th” ! I love scary movies actually. I really wanted to see the new IT movie that came out. Maybe I will do that this weekend with my boyfriend to get our minds off of things a little. I’m sure that could do the trick. One of my favorite Halloween movies is Hocus Pocus. I watch it a million times before Halloween. The Sanderson sisters are my favorite trio!

• Colleen

September 13, 2019 at 2:51 pm

“Amok – Amok – Amok!” I love that movie too! I’ve seen “It”and really liked, um…it, LOL. Have you read the book? It’s one of my favorite Stephen King novels.

• Brittany Foster

September 13, 2019 at 3:22 pm

No I didn’t read the book! I need to put that on my Fall reading list now. I knew it was based off of the book and always wanted to read it. I’ll have to get it from the library ! I’m sure the book is just as twisted as the movie! Does the book have 2 parts to it too like the movie does?

• jen-cueva

September 14, 2019 at 11:16 am

Brittany, you’ve certainly had yet another rough week. I’m sure your body is mentally and physically in need of rest. I hope that you will rest and recharge as your body needs this to heal. Don’t forget that O2.

I’m resting and recharging as we made it home yesterday evening. I enjoyed San Diego – but I’m exhausted. So, that’s my plan for several days. Rest, read, and catch up here as much as I can.

Colleen, I love your Friday the 13th plan. I’m not a big fan of scary movies. But, Hocus Pocus was always one that I watched with Kk several times during the Fall. Honestly, I continue to watch it even if she’s not here. Lol 😆

Everyone have a reading weekend.

• Brittany Foster

September 16, 2019 at 8:16 am

I just started a new book called “Home Front” it’s really good so far. I tried to go out on Saturday night and just couldn’t “hang” I was so exhausted and emotionally and physically drained from the past week that I knew I needed some much needed rest and relaxation. Getting out of hospitals always makes sleeping a challenge. I feel like my body is really on edge for about a week or so after getting out of a longer hospital stay. It’s like the body starts expecting that 3AM wake up call and vital signs check through the night. The slightest movement is enough to wake me up! But luckily it is getting better as I’ve been taking better care of myself and realizing “wow I really need sleep and look like the walking dead right now!” haha! Whenever I get the “you look tired” comment, I know it’s time to sleep. LOL

• Ally

September 14, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I love Friday the 13th I always have good luck! Boy Brittany you have had a week. I hate those
    I have had a rough one too. It ended well tho they approved me for Uptravi and my cardiologist got me in a cardiac and pulmonary rehab!! Yay I may make it after all😊 I met a guy too❤️🙄. It’s all about enjoying even the small things huh?! Have a great weekend!

• jen-cueva

September 15, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Hi Ally, it sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you. Keep us posted on the Uptravi and rehab.

A guy, too? Humm, nice.

• Brittany Foster

September 16, 2019 at 8:18 am

That’s amazing news Ally! I am so happy that you got approved for the medication and I really hope that it starts to make you feel better soon. Please keep us update on how the process is going with taking the medications and any side effects your noticing or benefits you notice from it. I am not on these medications so I’m really interested in your experience with them.

And oooo lala ! I’m glad you met someone ! Do you have plans to see one another again ? Hopefully! All of us deserve some fun in our lives too!