Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Anyone here on Adempas or on both Adempas and Uptravi?

• Sherri

April 25, 2024 at 3:35 pm

I cannot offer you information on Uptravi. I have been on Adempas for two years, replacing Sildenafil which did not agree with me at all. I take a 2 mg dose three times each day. With the very first dose of Adempas I experienced immediate heartburn which I had never had in my life. Now I take 20 mg of omeprazole daily (down from 40 mg initially) to keep heartburn away. I do take with protein, at least six hours apart. Some nurses have told me the protein needs to be non-dairy, some nurses say it doesn’t matter. I try to do a non-dairy protein, but when I do eat high protein yogurt or something like that, I don’t really notice a difference. To be fair, I still experience daily digestive issues like IBS type symptoms. I usually contend with loose bowel movements or diarrhea first thing in the morning, or even in the middle of the night. However, I am also on Remodulin and Opsumit in addition to Adempas, so I can’t say for sure that those digestive complaints are caused by Adempas.

• rebecca a whittaker

April 25, 2024 at 3:45 pm

I take both Adempas and Ambrisentan and I have been on both meds for 6 years. I use oxygen and I have been walking at least 3 miles a day. I am 67 years old.

• Linda Williams

April 26, 2024 at 10:14 am

I started Adempas Jan of ’23. It made me feel awful at first, for a couple months. So the titration was stretched out for a longer slower period of time. By the time I arrived at 2.0 it no longer bothered me. I took Opsumit briefly. It didn’t like me. Closed my throat. I have taken Tyvaso for 1 yr. It has been very rough. Just now adjusting to it. BUT it helps me breathe. So…I inhale it 4x daily.

• jen-cueva

April 26, 2024 at 2:40 pm

Hi, @Vanessa Vaile. I tried switching my Revatio to Adempas last year. I’m also on Uptravi. That combination didn’t work well for me. Unfortunately, I experienced an increase in bloody noses. Also, with my chronic kidney disease(CKD), my kidneys didn’t do so well with it, either.

Because of those issues, I wasn’t on it for long. Maybe a month or so. My PH team switched me back to Revatio.

Are you having specific issues or just looking for others’ experiences on this combination? How’s your transition going so far?

• BreathtakingAwareness

April 26, 2024 at 4:09 pm

I have taken Adempas for 9 years, and I have been on Uptravi for 8. I also take Letaris with these. Are you planning to start taking one or both? What do you take now? How can I help? Please free to contact me personally with any questions. I’d be happy to talk to you.

• jen-cueva

April 29, 2024 at 12:18 pm

Thanks, @BreathtakingAwareness, for sharing your experiences. I love that you are also available if @Vanessa Vaile needs to chat. That’s so very generous and kind.

That’s why we are stronger together!

• Kinsey

April 26, 2024 at 5:26 pm

I have been on Adempas for a little over a year.

• jen-cueva

April 29, 2024 at 12:22 pm

Hi @Kinsey, how are you doing on Adempas so far? Are you taking any other PH treatments?

• Kinsey

April 29, 2024 at 4:11 pm

Hello! @Vanessa Vaile At this present time I am only in Adempas. I was on Tradalifil for a month and that absolutely did not agree with me. The Adempas works great.

• jen-cueva

April 30, 2024 at 9:42 am

Hi @Kinsey, would you like to share why the combination didn’t work for you? What types of side effects did you experience? I’m confident @Vanessa Vaile would also love to know more.

I’m grateful that you are doing well with the Adempas! Thanks so much for sharing.

• Kinsey

April 30, 2024 at 11:30 am

My side effects of Tadalifil severe head pressure dizziness and headaches with pressure. The Adempas did not give me much problems. Very little dizziness No headache or pressure. It did cause my blood pressure to lower while on blood pressure medication. Because of Adempas, my blood pressure medications are cut in half. I am on Adempas 2.5 and holding.

• jen-cueva

May 3, 2024 at 11:25 am

Hi @Kinsey, thanks for sharing your side effects when taking tadalafil. I’m sorry you had those with tadalafil and had to stop after a month. But I’m so happy that Adempas is working well for you. Halfing your BP meds is an added bonus. Who knows, maybe you’ll be off it one day.