Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Anyone Taking Inhalers for Management of Symptoms?

• Anyone Taking Inhalers for Management of Symptoms?

Posted by Brittany Foster on December 4, 2018 at 2:17 pm

I have had my share of trying different inhalers that help my tightness in my chest and bronchospasms that I get frequently. The spasms give me a chronic cough that can sometimes send me into a coughing fit.

I have tried taking inhalers through a nebulizer that I put in my mouth and inhale and have also used a mask nebulizer. I prefer the mask neb because it is more effective for me. It is difficult for me to take it as an actual inhaler when I am in the midst of a coughing fit or feel like I can’t get the inhaler puff into my lungs.

The specific kind that has helped me the most is Xopenex. The Albuterol that I took in the beginning made my heart really race and caused me to be very jittery. The Xopenex helps to keep my airways open but doesn’t give me the anxious feeling that Albuterol gave me.

Are you on inhalers as part of your treatment plan? What types of inhalers do you use? Do you take it as needed or every day as a preventative? Do you administer it through inhaler/neb/mask?

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.