May 17, 2021 at 12:36 pm #30157
We have welcomed many new members over the past few months. Jen and I just want to check-in with all of you and ask how you are finding the forums? Are they helpful? Are you having any problems navigating them?
A commonly asked question is if only moderators can start new topics. ALL members are welcome to start a new topic that hasn’t been addressed yet.
Do you see a topic posted a long time ago and wonder if there is any point in commenting on it? YES, please do! We want to revisit old topics so new members have a chance to share, ask their own questions and benefit from them. When you comment on an old topic it brings it to the top of the activity page for everyone to see.
Posting instructions are always available at the top of this sub-forum, but I will also share them again here.
To comment on a “topic”…
• Click on the “topic” about which you want to comment
• If necessary, scroll down until you reach the end of the thread of previous comments
• Enter your comment in the text box under “Reply to: (name of a topic)
• Please don’t copy and paste anything here that you’ve written on another text program, such as Word. Doing that will add HTML code to what you wrote and make it unreadable.
• Scroll down and click “reply.”
To start a new “topic,”…
• Click on the “forum” in which you want your post to appear, for example, “Side effects and symptoms”.
• Scroll to the bottom to get to “Create a new topic in (name of the forum).”
• Enter a title in the box under “Topic title.
• In the text box below the title, write your comments. Short comments are generally best because people tend to glaze over lengthy comments, or just read the first few sentences.
• Please don’t write your comment in another format, such as Word, and then paste them here. Doing that will add HTML code and make what you wrote impossible to read.
• If you want to share a link to an article from a website, you can copy and paste the URL into the text box following your comments.
• When you’re finished, scroll to the very bottom and click “submit.” The URL that you’ve pasted will link to the website article.
NOTE: A new topic, or a comment made to a topic, MAY be automatically held for review if it contains a link or other content that looks abnormal to the forum algorithm. One of the moderators will review the item as quickly as possible and will either release it or notify the person posting it of the concern.
If you’d like to be alerted to all new comments on a topic:
• Click the + next to “Subscribe,” which appears on the upper right at the start of every topic.
• To unsubscribe, click “Unsubscribe” in the same spot.
May 17, 2021 at 1:05 pm #30162
Excellent post and idea @colleensteele! I love that you incorporated simple reminders on how to post and comment on a topic.
Yes, we do want to support each of you as best as we can. By sharing your updates, questions, and comments, we hope to support you at each step of your PH journey. These forums are created for you, so please let us know what we can improve on or what topics you may find most helpful.
Y’all are our extending PHamily, so we care about you all.
If you have questions about the forums at any time, please feel free to reach out to me or @colleensteele.
May 18, 2021 at 6:24 pm #30200Susi SteppinsParticipant
I love reading these forums and commenting and participating in them.
It helps me to feel not so alone in my journey and it offers me hope on those days when I have trouble.
I appreciate everyone’s comments and suggestions and hope to get to know some of you along the way.
It’s hard to go through what we are going through and this makes it just a little easier.
Also, I appreciate the work you put in to the forum’s @jenc and @colleensteele.
May 19, 2021 at 2:16 pm #30214
May 19, 2021 at 10:46 am #30210
Thanks so much, @s-steppins, for your kind words. I am excited to read that you are enjoying the forums and can feel like you are supported. That is why we do this.
It is fun learning more about everyone and their PH journeys. We are an extended PHamily for sure. I am happy that you feel comfortable to post and share here. Your posts are appreciated, and many can learn from your posts, too.
Are there any specific topics that you think we may be missing or lacking?
May 19, 2021 at 5:05 pm #30217Susi SteppinsParticipant
That is a very good question @jenc.
I really can’t think of anything specific.
I do really enjoy interacting with everyone about PH and learning from it.
I also enjoy the topics that do not have anything to do with PH as well.
Like the Taco Tuesday post you did.
It is fun to get to know people here and it also brings stuff up about PH because, let’s face it, it is a part of everything we do.
Like the sodium in the hot dogs.
The non related topics intertwine with the PH topics.
May 20, 2021 at 11:05 am #30220
May 20, 2021 at 1:51 pm #30226
I am happy that you are enjoying not only the PH topics but the others. As you say, it’s all intertwined. We still are doing life, just with some adjustments. So thanks for letting us know that you enjoy those topics, too.
Now, about the sodium in the hotdogs, I am going to pretend that I did not hear about that, LOL
Thank you for your contributions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.