Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition Are you a chef in training or a foodie connoisseur?

• Are you a chef in training or a foodie connoisseur?

Posted by jen-cueva on June 21, 2023 at 11:36 am

Who doesn’t like cooking a flavorful meal or exploring the flavors of dishes from around the globe? I draw inspiration from The Food Network and enjoy cooking when PH and my body allow it.

Are you a chef in training or a foodie connoisseur? Describe your favorite cuisine using descriptions that make us all drool while reading.

jen-cueva replied 10 months, 1 week ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

June 23, 2023 at 12:23 pm

I’m a chef in the making! When I experiment with recipes, I always put a little spin on them to make them tailored to my tastes and preferences. Since it’s just Manny and me, I can’t cook as many new dishes as I used to. With food costs skyrocketing, I don’t want to waste ingredients on something we won’t enjoy. It’s all part of the fun, though – and who knows, we might discover a new favorite!

Discovering new restaurants and exploring diverse cuisines with my daughter is one of my favorite pastimes! Manny, on the other hand, is a bit pickier with his palate. While he’s not a huge fan of Thai food, he’s always a good sport and will come along if I crave it.

When it comes to cooking, my tried-and-true recipes come straight from my Southern grandmothers and aunts. Those dishes are the ultimate “comfort foods,” providing a sense of home with every bite.

But don’t get me wrong; I love to mix things up in the kitchen! I’ve dabbled in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine and even tried cooking a few Chinese dishes. During the week, I like to switch things up with healthier meals, but it’s about simplicity on other nights.

Food is the spice of life, and I’m constantly searching for delicious new dishes.