Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development Are You Aware of Any New Clinical Trials for PH in Your Area?

• Are You Aware of Any New Clinical Trials for PH in Your Area?

Posted by jen-cueva on September 17, 2021 at 11:55 am

Clinical trials are so important for those of us within the PH community. This will hopefully lead to a cure one day.

Last Saturday, in our local virtual support group, two research nurses talked about two new clinical trials recruiting for. Of course, they could not offer too much information.

You can always check clinicaltrails.gov for updates on clinical trials.

These new trials are for some new drugs that could potentially offer remodeling and reversal of PH. One is a subcutaneous injection, and the other is an inhaled treatment. See below, I am excited as these two looking hopeful.

Sotatercept

Seralutinib

Are you aware of any new clinical trials in your area? If so, has your PH team suggested you may be a possible fit?

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 31, 2022 at 11:33 am

I wanted to share this post again. It’s newer and discusses several clinical trials mentioned at the Houston support group meeting last year. Has anyone heard of these or any other clinical trials in your area? If so, how did you learn about these? Did your PH doctor or nurse mention it or someone else? Discuss these possible clinical rails because they hold hope for our future.

If you want to learn more about future clinical trials, what is the one question you would ask?

• jen-cueva

January 25, 2023 at 12:43 pm

Hey, y’all, I wanted to share my column this week. It’s about the importance of clinical trials in our PH community.

Please give it a read, and let’s talk about it.

Raising Awareness About the Importance of Clinical Trials

Have you participated in any clinical trials for PH? Has your PH team mentioned any clinical trials that you may benefit from?

• Colleen

January 25, 2023 at 5:35 pm

How many of you were aware that @jenc in addition to co-forum moderator and PH columnist, also assists the BioNews clinical team? She briefly mentions it the column she just shared but I assure you, she puts her all into that as she does here in the forums.

It’s such important work! Participation in clinical trials is also important and are crucial to the improvement and development of PH treatments.

I encourage you to read Jen’s column and share it with others in the PH community.

• jen-cueva

January 26, 2023 at 11:35 am

Thanks, @colleensteele, for your thoughtful encouragement. I love working with clinical, too. Connecting someone with a rare disease to a potential clinical trial and knowing that this may improve their lives and all those around them brings joy to my heart.

I’ve found so many new passions since I started working with BioNews. After being unable to perform my job as a nurse before PH, these new passions help me offer hope and support others.

We certainly need more awareness and participation in clinical trials.