Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Oxygen Users Are you decorating your oxygen for the holiday?

• Are you decorating your oxygen for the holiday?

Posted by brittany-foster on December 12, 2019 at 10:58 am

Something that I did last year when I was invited to some holiday parties is decorate my oxygen tank. This allowed me to have some fun with my oxygen use. Being on oxygen during the holiday used to feel very isolating. I always saw so many pictures of my friends out at holiday parties and NONE of them had to carry around oxygen. Instead of feeling so down on myself, I chose to make my oxygen part of my outfits and an added accessory.

Last year I decorated my tank with Christmas garland and made it look like a Christmas tree. Do you get in the holiday spirit by dressing up your tank too? If not, think of some ways you can make your tank festive! You will receive so many positive comments on it!

Colleen replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • denise-k-thompson

December 12, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Interesting idea, Brittany. Make the best of what u got. It’s hard enough to even go out, much less hauling medical equipment. Good for you. I haven’t adapted yet & find it easier to hibernate. You’re an inspiration.

• brittany-foster

December 12, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Denise ,
    Thank you so much for saying that. In the beginning I certainly didn’t feel like any sort of inspiration. But what really gave me a lot of my strength and a lot of my inspiration was seeing younger children with this disease or others that required them to be on oxygen . I knew that everyone (younger or older) can use someone to look towards when they are having a hard time. It inspired me to be that person for someone. You never know who needs it!

• Colleen

December 13, 2019 at 4:10 pm

It’s funny, we never thought of decorating my son’s oxygen tanks, yet we did the straps and bag of his flolan backpack. Every Halloween and Christmas he used garland, stickers, pins, etc. to style it up for the holiday.

I recently looked at a picture a mom posted on social media of her daughters wheelchair. She decorated the wheels with garland and made it look so festive and pretty. I think it’s such a great idea to decorate any medical equipment.