Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation Are You Listed For Transplant And If So, What Is Your Status?

• Are You Listed For Transplant And If So, What Is Your Status?

Posted by Colleen on April 9, 2020 at 8:28 pm

When my son was listed for transplant he was very sick but managed to function well enough at home through most of the wait. He did eventually decline to the point of having to be admitted and remain in the hospital while waiting for the call. Luckily, two weeks later her received his new heart and lungs.

Are you listed for transplant and if so, what is your status. Are you waiting at home or in the hospital? If you are in the hospital have you been permitted to receive visitors or has that not been permitted due to the Covid-19 concerns?

I would imagine these are difficult times to be listed for transplant. Share with us how you are managing.

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

April 10, 2020 at 12:53 pm

I cannot even imagine how tough this was for you and your family @colleensteele. Not only worrying about your son and the actual transplant process but also leaving the rest of your family at home. I am grateful to have you with us here and now your son, almost 6 years post-transplant. Thank God! You sharing your journey with us and others is so encouraging.

I can only imagine how tough this is for those listed and waiting for a transplant with COVID-19. I know one patient with pulmonary fibrosis who is waiting. She says everything is now on hold. I cannot imagine this—my heartaches for her. Anyone else here listed and put on hold?