Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation Are You Or Someone You Know Considering Transplant For A Child?

• Are You Or Someone You Know Considering Transplant For A Child?

Posted by Colleen on April 28, 2021 at 1:45 pm

The decision to be listed for a transplant is not an easy one to make. There is a lot of pros and cons to be considered. Adults can feel overwhelmed by just the thought of transplant but it I think it’s possibly even more so when you are a parent making the decision for a child.

Depending on the patients age it is important that they too are involved in the decision. My husband and I and our son very much wanted to proceed with transplant. But Jacqueline Crawford and her spouse where leaning towards taking their son Eli home and making the best of what time he had left. But Eli emphatically wanted transplant and his parents agreed to his wishes.

Eli received a double lung transplant and is doing well. You can read about his journey in my recent column.

Are you or someone you know considering transplant for a child? If so, how is the thought process going? How involved is the child in the decision? Let’s share our thoughts. If you know a pediatric or adult PH patient considering transplant, invite them to join our forums.

Colleen replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.