Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Community Events Are You Ready for Our First PH News Forums Zoom Meet-up ?

• Are You Ready for Our First PH News Forums Zoom Meet-up ?

Posted by jen-cueva on November 12, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!

Colleen and I are excited to announce our first-ever PH News forums Zoom Meet-up. We look forward to seeing many of you via Zoom as we meet and get to know each of you better.

Our first Zoom Meet-up will be on Monday, November 29th at 4 pm EST.

Our forum director/manager, Kevin Schaefer, will share the Zoom link on the day of the call.

This is such an exciting event to look forward to after Turkey Day! We hope to see you all there. Please let us know if you have any questions.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 4 months ago 10 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 12, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I wanted to say how excited that I am for this live Zoom Meet-up. I know many of you aren’t tech-savvy; no worries. Zoom is user-friendly, and once Kevin shares the link, it will take you to the call.

Here is a link to help beginners with using Zoom.

If anyone has questions before this event, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.

I know some of you had asked in the past about something like this. So, I’m hoping that you all can make it. @mknevada @mamabear007, I know both of you had mentioned this at some time.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Do something that makes you happy!

• v-r-peterson

November 12, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Do you have a Zoom link and/or password for this meet-up?

• terese-tuohey

November 12, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Jen,

I’m thrilled you are in San Diego!  I rather held my breath for you when you said you were moving.

I am delighted with this Zoom meet-up!  I would very much like to meet you and Colleen and the others who write on and moderate this column.

In another thread, you also asked for an update – it’s been a long while since I wrote.  To remind you, I am a CTEPH  person.  I had my surgery Jan of 2020, and am now on medication (Tadalafil and Opsumit) which really helps.  In fact, rejoice with me, because I just passed my 6-minute walk and had really good reports on both my bloodwork and my lung-capacity test.  I’m feeling pretty good, and walk 2-3 miles every other day with my walking buddies.  I thank God daily!

And Jen, I know what you mean about your hubby being your white knight.  Mine is also, and has been with me through all this.

‘Nuf said for now. Be well, and Happy Thanksgiving!

• jen-cueva

November 15, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele, for clarifying that about the Zoom meet-up link. I hope to see you there at @mamabear007.

@tervo, you brought such a huge smile to my face this afternoon. I am rejoicing with you with your improvements! Wow, 2-3 miles is fantastic! Kudos, my PHriend.

Thanks for your good wishes. I love it here in SD so far. I’m nowhere near your walking routine but have noticed some improvements already.

I am wishing you and your hubby a Happy Thanksgiving next week. Yes, I couldn’t make it this far without my hubby, Manny. I hope to see ya on the Zoom meet-up call.

• Colleen

November 13, 2021 at 9:17 pm

@mamabear007 we don’t have the link and password yet but we will be providing it as soon as it is scheduled.

I’m thrilled to hear that so far you and @tervo are interested. It will be so nice to finally get to meet face-to-face through Zoom.

Terese, it’s wonderful to hear that you are doing well and noticing an improvement in your health. That is something to be thankful for this season!

• jen-cueva

November 17, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Hey everyone, I wanted to share this again so others who may have missed it will see it this week. Colleen and I both are looking forward to such an exciting live event!

Meeting our members on a live call offers a chance to get to know each other better. So, who’s in?

We will share the Zoom link the morning of the event.

• Colleen

November 17, 2021 at 5:22 pm

I’m really looking forward to this! I hope many of our forum members will join us because it will be nice to hear their voice and see their face.

• meghan-nevada

November 18, 2021 at 9:58 am

Thanks Jen! Looking forward to it 🙂

• jen-cueva

November 18, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Awesome, @mknevada, see you then. I hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving next week.

@colleensteele, yes, so excited!

• sally-hoffman

November 18, 2021 at 6:02 pm

Hi everybody,  Looking forward to this Zoom meeting.  I am really really going to try.  My new windows are coming that day (after waiting since February)  Hopefully they will be gone by 4:00pm.

• Colleen

November 19, 2021 at 6:53 pm

@mainegal I hope you are able to make it but if not, we are hoping to offer more Zoom gatherings in the future.

• jen-cueva

November 22, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Oh, @mainegal, I hope you get your windows in and make it to the Zoom Meet-up. You can always hop on once they are done if they run late. We look forward to seeing you there.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

• vanessa-vaile

November 26, 2021 at 9:33 pm

I’m definitely ready, already added it to my calendar to get a phone reminder and minimize zoom conflict. I usually include the link so I can login from calendar and without having to search inbox. Bummer not getting the link sooner.

• jen-cueva

November 29, 2021 at 10:22 am

Hi @vanessavaile, I hope that you are doing well. It’s been a while since you have been on the forums.

Hopefully, you can make the Zoom Meet-up later today.

@wheeldog, I can’t imagine how much work you have had to do to get things back in order in the “tin tent,” Hehe. Hopefully, you can come by the Zoom meet-up in a bit from AZ.

• vanessa-vaile

November 29, 2021 at 12:55 pm

I intend to be there.  Given rural connectivity issues, that depends on ISP and my router not falling off the internet. Usually I’m zoomed up on Mondays — today is no exception —  and depend on calendar reminders to keep me on track. That’s why I really appreciate links sooner than day of, especially when holidays mean a thread will not be monitored for several days.

Although I have not been “on” these Forums, I do follow via email subscription to Forum notices.

• roger-bliss

November 27, 2021 at 9:37 pm

I hope to tune in. I assume the link to zoom will be in this thread? Might be a good idea to send a reminder via email Monday morning to everyone? I “think” I set my alarm for that time on Monday.

Been busy getting the “tin tent” ready to live in here in AZ. It has been abandoned since March of 2019. We are located in the desert that has wind storms . Dust was pretty bad in here.

• kevin-schaefer

Administrator
    November 29, 2021 at 8:47 am

Hey everyone, here’s the meeting link.

See you at 4 pm EST!

• sue-collin

November 29, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Hi Jen, any news on the link for today’s Zoom meeting? I checked my email and I don’t see it. Thanks much and hoping to join/meet all! Sue

• vanessa-vaile

November 29, 2021 at 12:59 pm

PS Senior Planet has a good zoom basics tutorial. Just google it (so this tip doesn’t get hung up in moderation pending)

• terese-tuohey

November 30, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Hi, Everybody!

That Zoom meet-up was terrific!  I now have faces  to match the online entries!  I am so glad to have met you  or should I say “y’all” as Jen would?

Sally, I’ll be in my winter home in LakewoodRanch, Bradenton FL next week, so I felt I knew where you were there in Sarasota.  And Megan, hang in there.  We’re  all on your side.

I want to say thanks to all of you for your Forum comments and for all your good thoughts for all of us with PH.

I’ll be traveling for a while getting to FL, so won’t be online until I get there.  So in the meantime, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and anything else you may like to celebrate.  Remember, we need to celebrate ourselves just  for being here and for being here for each other!

• jen-cueva

November 30, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Hehe, @tervo, I love that y’all is rubbing off on you, and you’re not in FL yet. I think in time that it will wear off the longer I am here in SD.

It was such a fantastic time. I am grateful that you could attend. You offered some valuable input, and it was nice to put faces to names.

Yes, I believe that Sally, @mainegal is in Sarasota. Please have safe travels and know we are here anytime. Let us know once you arrive safely if you are up to it.

Yes, we must celebrate daily, not only during the holiday season. I am grateful that we are all here and doing reasonably well for the most part.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you again soon, my PHriend. Happiest of holidays to you and your family.