Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diagnosis Information and ​General​ ​Questions Are You Staying Safe And Receiving the Help That You Need?

• Are You Staying Safe And Receiving the Help That You Need?

Posted by Colleen on June 1, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Our members who live in the United States are dealing with riots in addition to the Covid-19 epidemic concerns. I just want to check-in and make sure everyone is staying safe and having their medical needs met. I live 45 minutes from Seattle but as of last night, not the protesting but the rioting and looting started to spread to surrounding smaller cities. I had a medical appointment today and stopped at my local pharmacy to pick up a prescription but they were closed. Pharmacies, Target and Walmart in the surrounding Seattle areas closed at noon.

Are you doing ok? How are you managing your stress during these difficult times? Stay well and stay safe everyone.

v-r-peterson replied 3 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • jen-cueva

June 2, 2020 at 9:25 am

Thank you, @colleensteele. This has been such a sad and stressful event that only continues across the states. I am outside of Houston. My kiddos live downtown. Friday, there were 3 helicopters, cops on horses, bikes, and tons of cars on the side of the 59 Freeway. This was not far from their house. I could hear the helicopters. I was so worried, praying that they would stay safe.

Thankfully, they have been safe, and things have been much calmer yesterday and so far this morning. I have heard that some are scared to go outside their door. Not because of only COVID, but the violence.

How are things in the Seattle area today? I hear most areas are more peaceful protesting today. It is such a scary environment. What about everyone else, how are things in your areas?

• v-r-peterson

June 2, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I’m safe in Northern Utah. I sure wouldn’t want to live in Salt Lake City or Ogden, though. The rioting has hit SLC, and I don’t expect it to take long to hit Ogden.

• Colleen

June 2, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Thanks for updating us on your safety @mamabear007. Glad to hear that you are ok. The city I live in got through another night untouched and I pray that continues. Seattle, Tacoma and few other surrounding cities were not as fortunate. It must be so scary for those witnessing the rioting near their homes and businesses.

• Colleen

June 2, 2020 at 2:55 pm

@jenc I haven’t watched the news yet today because I’ve been glued to the set the past few days and decided to take a mental health brake from it. I’ve read that Tacoma got hit last night but for the most part I think Seattle had a better night. These are scary times and I feel sorry for those who are protesting peacefully.

• jen-cueva

June 2, 2020 at 3:14 pm

I am happy to hear that you are safe, @mamabear007. Stay in and secure. I hope that this week finds you well.

@colleensteele, I do not blame you. I, too, have stayed away as my hubby watched enough lately for me. I am sure this evening he will watch a little more. It is so important that we take these mental health breaks.

• v-r-peterson

June 3, 2020 at 8:14 am

I hope all who visit here will stay safe and healthy. This is truly a frightening time in history.