Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Are You Struggling With Post-COVID Symptoms and PH?

• Are You Struggling With Post-COVID Symptoms and PH?

Posted by jen-cueva on September 15, 2021 at 12:58 pm

For those of us with PH, adding COVID was challenging. If you had COVID and continue to PHight these not-so-fun symptoms, you are not alone.

I am about 8 months post-COVID, and my symptoms still linger. This week, my column is about my struggles are my post-COVID symptoms continue to take a toll on me.

Give it a read, and let’s talk about this. Do you continue to wrestles with this? Have you found ways to improve these symptoms?

jen-cueva replied 11 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • roger-bliss

September 15, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Wow!!! Sounds like you went through pure hell with your covid deal. I also wasn’t aware of the after effects could be so bad. Hope you are back to your ole self soon!!

• jen-cueva

September 16, 2021 at 10:35 am

Thanks, @wheeldog, it was exactly as you described. I am fortunate that most of the time, I was out and had no clue where I was or what was going on. That is not always positive, but not knowing certain things until later was a blessing in another way.

The side effects after COVID can be different for everyone. But most major hospitals had post-COVID teams set up before I knew about them. I am thankful that my husband’s case was much lighter than mine. But because of his asthma, he seems to struggle a bit more than he did before.

Most important. I am extremely grateful to be here to tell my story. I appreciate that you read it, and it offered a bit of insight for you. I am getting there.

• jen-cueva

July 21, 2022 at 12:07 pm

I wanted to share an article I read yesterday from UCLA. I was busy waiting in waiting rooms, reading between appointments, etc.

It shared how opera singing therapy helps those with long-COVID symptoms. It’s a pretty cool story. You can check it out here.

Thankfully, y’all can’t hear me practicing my Opera singing as I type. Hehe.

• sharyn-matson

March 7, 2023 at 7:22 pm

I am 18 months post Covid & just found out 3 weeks ago that I have PH & CHF. I have been short of breath since having Covid. One of my new diagnoses is post Covid syndrome. I was in the hospital 2 weeks with Covid & on oxygen for 2 months after discharge. I had Covid pneumonia, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, & kidney failure. My pulmonologist said most people post Covid are as good as they will get by 1 year. Not very encouraging

• Colleen

March 7, 2023 at 8:31 pm

@scuttlebutt1955 I am so sorry to hear that you have not bounced back well after having Covid. @jenc has struggled with recovery as well. I’m sure she will jump in tomorrow and share her experience with you and how she is doing now.

Were you in kidney failure prior to Covid or did that follow Covid? Jen had kidney disease prior and I’m just wondering if there is any connection to that and recovery challenges.

Please reach out to us any time, even if it is to vent. We are here for you.

• jen-cueva

March 9, 2023 at 11:55 am

Hi @scuttlebutt1955, yes, Colleen is right. I had a horrific struggle with COVID. I was in the hospital for several weeks. I was told my organs had completely shut down.

This is November-Decemeber 2019. I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving that year without my family and had no clue where I was or who I was.

I had CKD before COVID. My kidney disease is likely related to the multiple diuretics through the years to help relieve my CHF. It’s a catch-22 with these medications.

My biggest issue still is the brain fog and concentration. I continue to suggest neurological symptoms that were not an issue before COVID.

My lungs did deteriorate some post-COVID. But thankfully, I’m pretty much back to my baseline oxygen saturation now.

What do you think has been your most challenging struggle post-COVID?

Thanks, @colleensteele, for sharing and taking me to share some about my experience with COVID.

• jen-cueva

April 19, 2023 at 3:27 pm

This would be a great place to share my recent column about my PHight with COVID the second time.

I’m incredibly grateful to be at home now and not need to be impatient. This tells me that my vaccine is effective. Manny was started on Paxlovid the day he tested positive, and he has had 2 negative tests since and returned to work today!

You can check it out below for those who want to read more. There’s also a link to my earlier column about my first experience.

Adjusting my sails-COVID 2nd time

Let me know your thoughts.