Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Babies Should Not Wear Masks

• Babies Should Not Wear Masks

Posted by Colleen on April 13, 2020 at 11:51 am

I read an article that discussed the dangers of babies wearing masks. Babies airways are smaller, so breathing through a mask harder on them and it can increase the risk of suffocation.

One article stated that The CDC recommends that children over the age of 2 wear a mask. But another article suggested that a mask may not be a good idea for toddlers. They will probably try to remove it and therefore touch their faces more often. Another concern is that there are no N95 masks approved for young children.

So what do you do? Hopefully, if you are a parent of a baby you have been able to keep them at home but if you must take them out for some reason, how do you protect them?

Share with us tips on how to protect little ones from Covid-19 if wearing a mask is not an option.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

April 13, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Wow, @colleensteele, this is so informative. Although I am not a parent of a baby, I can see where wearing a mask may not be the best choice for them. I am hoping that some parents can share their thoughts and how they protect their babies if not using a mask.

This must be so difficult to make these decisions and try to figure out what protects your child. Thanks for sharing this. I know that many parents will find this helpful.